Outlook Problem with Outlook 2003 Calendar

Reaction score
I have a user who has several calendars he work with. One of them which is located in public folders stopped appearing in his calendar list. When we checked on it, it still shows in the favorites menu of public folders however it does not appear to be associated with calendars, its icon is now one of Notes. When clicked upon it does open as a calendar though.
He is running on Windows 7 and using outlook 2003 build 11.5608
Unable to move or copy this file. apparently there is a prohibition about that built into outlook.
How can this be resolved? Meaning to get it associated as a calendar again and back into his calendar list?
I have attached a screenshot of this problem (I think I did anyway :))

Thank you for any help in this matter.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 555

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
however it does not appear to be associated with calendars, its icon is now one of Notes.

Methinks you (or someone) installed Notes and associated that particular file type (or just that file) to Notes. Shift + right click it and try to open with outlook. Check the "always use this program" box and that should re-associate that file to Outlook.

In theory, the file seems to have been associated with another program. Perhaps changing the association back to Outlook will restore it's function.

That is my educated guess based on what I have read. However, I have another question that may or may not render the above situation useless. What is this image supposed to show? I am confused as to the relation in the list. What is the significance of the highlighted portion of the favorites list?

A clear understanding is required in order to provide the best assistance. Right now, I just don't have it.

edit: I should also ask, where is this calendar actually located? Would it be on a network share, named Public Folders?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The screenshot is of the file in question. As you can tell it does open the calendar it was created as (right pane) however if you look at the file itself (left pane highlighted) you will see it is associated with Notes (icon)
The file itself is located in public folders\ favorites as stated in the original post.
Shift + right click does not offer a open with option
Also, this has only recently occured, within the last couple of days, it simply changed associations. If this was a user error as you suggest all other calenders would have the same issue.
Methinks you need to reevaluate your skills

Ask a Question