Problem uploading ".fp_folder_info" files?

G

I've created a new site with FrontPage 2003 and am trying to upload it to AT&T Worldnet's personal Web page servers using FileZilla FTP. Nearly all files seem to upload OK, but when I try to view the site, instead of seeing the home page I see a bunch of (what looks like) FP metadata describing the site.

About a dozen files failed to upload. Ten of those files were hidden, metadata files with the name ".fp_folder_info". The AT&T Web server will not accept filenames that start with a period.

I'm wondering whether my publishing problems could be caused by the inability to upload these .fp_folder_info files. If anyone knows anything about these files or has any other troubleshooting ideas, I'd be grateful to hear from you!

Thanks much,
Brian

S

Stefan B Rusynko

You could use FP2003 to FTP publish the site or,
Publish the site to another disc based web location and in Windows Explorer find and delete all _vt* files and folders (FP control
files) before you FTP from that new folder

--

| I've created a new site with FrontPage 2003 and am trying to upload it to AT&T Worldnet's personal Web page servers using
FileZilla FTP. Nearly all files seem to upload OK, but when I try to view the site, instead of seeing the home page I see a bunch
of (what looks like) FP metadata describing the site.
|
| About a dozen files failed to upload. Ten of those files were hidden, metadata files with the name ".fp_folder_info". The AT&T
Web server will not accept filenames that start with a period.
|
| I'm wondering whether my publishing problems could be caused by the inability to upload these .fp_folder_info files. If anyone
knows anything about these files or has any other troubleshooting ideas, I'd be grateful to hear from you!
|
| Thanks much,
| Brian

Ask a Question