    to the End User Licensing Agreement.
    That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.

    Thanks for any and all help.

    trvlnmny, Dec 9, 2010

  2. trvlnmny

    joeu2004 Guest

    On Dec 9, 11:48 am, trvlnmny <> wrote:
    > We have had Office Basic 2003 working on a computer with W XP.
    > We have replaced that computer with a Toshiba laptop and a Dell
    > Laptop. Both of these laptops have W 7.
    > I have installed, from the MS CD, Office Basic 2003 onto both laptops.
    > We only use Word & Excel.
    > Everything seems to work fine on the Toshiba laptop.
    > On the Dell laptop every time I start Excel or Word I have to agree
    > to  the End User Licensing Agreement.
    > That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.

    Funny, I was just making inquiries in the Answers Forum about doing
    the same thing myself.

    I suspect the problem has to do with the requirement to "activate" the
    software.

    You probably need to call Dell tech support. But when you find out
    the answer from the Dell, please post an update response here. I will
    be very interested in an authoritative answer.

    joeu2004, Dec 9, 2010

  3. You need to log in as Administrator (not just in a profile with
    administrator privileges) and accept the EULA.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 9, 2010
  4. trvlnmny

    trvlnmny Guest

    On Dec 9, 3:40 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <> wrote:
    > You need to log in as Administrator (not just in a profile with
    > administrator privileges) and accept the EULA.
    >
    > --
    > Suzanne S. Barnhill
    > Microsoft MVP (Word)
    > Words into Type
    > Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
    >
    > "trvlnmny" <> wrote in message

    > > We have had Office Basic 2003 working on a computer with W XP.
    > > We have replaced that computer with a Toshiba laptop and a Dell
    > > Laptop.
    > > Both of these laptops have W 7.
    > > I have installed, from the MS CD, Office Basic 2003 onto both laptops.
    > > We only use Word & Excel.
    > > Everything seems to work fine on the Toshiba laptop.
    > > On the Dell laptop every time I start Excel or Word I have to agree
    > > to  the End User Licensing Agreement.
    > > That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.

    > > Thanks for any and all help.

    Susan,
    Thank you for the reply. My User has admin privileges, You are saying
    that this is not good enough. How do I login as Administrator using W
    7.
    Thanks.

    trvlnmny, Dec 9, 2010
  5. This is what I'm not real clear on, as I know that Windows 7 supposedly has
    a specific Administrator account that is separate from all others, and yet
    my W7 laptop seems to have only one profile. But right-click on the shortcut
    used to start the app and see if Run as Administrator is on the context
    menu; that's what I was told to use to install my AV, for example.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 10, 2010