problem reinstalling the kid"s cd-rom games..

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by GREG, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. GREG

    GREG Guest

    PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!
    I AM TRYING TO REINSTALL SOME DK MULTIMEDIA CD'S. I
    HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 4 WKS.. IT GOES THROUGH THE LOADING
    PROCESS. IT WON'T LOAD THE SOUND PART. THE ERROR MESSAGE
    SAYS, ( QTINSTAL CAUSED A GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT IN
    MODULE QTINSTAL.EXE AT 002:5DA9. I THINK QTINSTAL STANDS
    FOR "QUICKTIME INSTALL". IT HAS A BUTTON TO CLICK THAT
    CLOSES THAT MESSAGE THEN IT WILL FINISH LOADING AND IT
    DOES SAY THAT IT IS DONE. WHEN I TRY TO RUN IT, A BOX
    POPS UP WHICH SAYS, ( COULD NOT FIND SOUND SOFTWARE
    MODULE OR IT WAS TURNED OFF ). ANOTHER ONE I GOT IS, ALSO
    WHILE LOADING ( THE APPLICATION MANAGEMENT SERVICE
    TERMINATED WITH THE FOLLOWING ERROR: THE SPECIFIED MODULE
    COULD NOT BE FOUND.
    AT ONE TIME THEY WERE ALL INSTALLED AND ALL ,BUT ONE
    WORKED RIGHT. .THERE ARE ABOUT 12 OF THEM. ONE HAD A
    PROBLEM. IT STUDDERED. HALF OF THEM USE QUICKTIME. I
    TRYED TO RELOAD Q.T. ITSELF, SAME THING HAPPENS. IT WILL
    PLAY GAMES THE ARE ALREADY LOADED AND MUSIC CDS.
    COULD THIS BE SOMETHING ONE OF MICOSOFT SECURITY
    UPDATES IS DOING. WE GET THOSE REGULARLY.
    LAST THING, I HAVE RUN CHECKS ON THE SYSTEM & SOUND. I
    CAN'T AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIND THE SECURITY FILE. I"VE
    THOUGHT THAT MAYBE IT IS PREVENTING CORRUPTION.
    I ALMOST FORGOT, 2 WKS AGO I DID RUN THE DISK
    DEFRAGMENTER.

    PLEASE HELP !!!!!

    GREG, Jul 19, 2003

  2. GREG

    Nicholas Guest

    Please repost your question without using incorrect capitalization......
    it is too difficult to read!!!

    --
    Nicholas

    Nicholas, Jul 19, 2003

  3. GREG

    Greg Guest

    --------------------------------------

    >"GREG" <> wrote in message:
    >
    >| PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

    Sorry for the caps.. I have been trying to reinstall
    several cd-rom game disc. They were installed once upon a
    time. One of them had a studdder problem. I thought that
    maybe it was something i did when i loaded them. Reason
    being that when the process got too," check for simular
    quick time files,and i would have the option to delete
    them or ignor" there were some that i ignored . I really
    didn't know if i would be skrewing up some other program.
    I also have advanced math on here that uses Quick time. I
    was trying to load them all the same way.
    ( Error messages )
    1: QTinstal caused a General Protection fault in
    Module QTinstal. exe at 0002:5DA9
    choose close. QTinstal will close.
    2: This one i got from, systems information. The
    Application Management Service terminated with the
    following error: the specified Module could not be found
    3: This one poped up when i tryed to start the game
    from the file. The sound software is not installed
    properly or has been disabled.
    I ran the Disc Defragmentor 2-3 weeks ago. What are the
    chances that this or one of the Microsoft security
    updates could be the problem.
    I ran a, systems, performence, sound, cd-rom, divice
    driver, and also a modem's check and came up with -.
    My niece runs UC's cpu. library. She said to"go to
    Quick time's web site and check for a new version or
    updateds. I updated it. No change.

    I didn't know that all caps bothered smoe people.
    Learn something new every day!!!
    Sorry again!!!! PLEASE HELP !!!!!

    Greg, Jul 19, 2003
  4. GREG

    Greg Guest

    have been at this for about 4 wks.. I have about 8 of
    them that uses Quick Time. When i first installed them
    all but one worked completely. It was like a record with
    a scrath. It would get stuck at a certain point in the
    game. I thought that it might be installed improperly.
    When it was installing Quick Time it gives you an
    option to search for and delete similar Quick Time files
    to delete or keep. At first i chose ignor, because i
    didn't know if it would mess up other programs usingQuik
    Time. On the rest of them i chose to delete them when i
    was told that it would be ok.
    All of them use Quick Time. I did not know if the next
    one would be deleting Q.T. files from the preveous one. I
    was going to do them all the same way.
    The error messages
    1st: This one pops up during Q.T.installation.
    "Qtinstal caused a general protection fault in module
    Qtinstal.exe at 0002:5DA9" choose close. Qtinstal will
    close this was the only option it gave. Q.T. would stop
    installing. It would then complete the installation of
    the graghics. I clicked on my cpu. I right clicked the
    game disc image, then i clicked autoplay, rather than the
    game starting the file poped up. I went to file and hit
    run. It asked if i wanted to run the game. I clicked yes
    and this poped up.
    2nd: "The sound software is not installed properly or
    has been disabled". This title will now terminate.
    3rd: This one is listed in the error messages.
    "The Application Management Service terminated with the
    following error: The specified Module could not be found"
    Could this be from one of the security up dates from
    microsoft that was downloaded, trying to protect the unit
    from corruption or could it be from the fact that i ran
    the disc defragmenter.
    I ran sound,system,modem,cd-rom,and drivers check.
    Everything checked ok.
    I don't know where to locate the security files to see
    if one of them turned something off.
    PLEASE HELP !!!!!

    Greg, Jul 21, 2003