    delete my Temporary Internet Files folder, but my system is telling me I
    cannot delete folder. Is there anyone round this, can I change anything in
    my system that will allow me to delete any files/folders I wish?

    laura2110, Jul 13, 2008

  2. laura2110

    nass Guest

    "laura2110" wrote:

    > I have been trying to run a program i have downloaded but I keep getting the
    > same error message. Troubleshoot associated with this program tells me to
    > delete my Temporary Internet Files folder, but my system is telling me I
    > cannot delete folder. Is there anyone round this, can I change anything in
    > my system that will allow me to delete any files/folders I wish?

    Are you logged as Admin to perform this operation?

    1... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies
    by doing this:
    Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
    Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
    On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
    General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
    Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
    Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
    [&] Browsing
    [ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
    Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
    Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
    culprit and update it or remove it.
    How to manage Add-Ons:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256
    Scan for malware from here:
    SuperAntispyware - Free
    http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
    http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm?s_cid=sah
    http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm
    Download this tool:
    http://www.ccleaner.com
    Please read the help file with it to get the best out of this tool.
    Run disk clean up and check desk on Boot up.
    Does it help?
    HTH.
    nass
    --