    (accessed by pressing F8 during startup in Windows 2000)?

    Thanks in advance,
    Rasmus

    Rasmus Paetau, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Rasmus Paetau

    Ben Pope Guest

    Rasmus Paetau wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have a rather embarassing problem. I think I somehow managed to disable
    > my primary display and enable the secondary display in ATI Catalyst
    > control panel while playing around with the multi monitor settings. Since
    > I don't actually have more than 1 display, the result is that I no longer
    > see anything once Windows starts up. Is there some way I can reset the
    > display settings without installing all drivers from scratch using
    > Windows VGA mode (accessed by pressing F8 during startup in Windows 2000)?

    Why don't you just plug the monitor into the secondary display port and
    change it back? You should have had a DVI -> VGA adaptor in the box if
    required. Another option might be a TV.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Rasmus Paetau

    Bratboy Guest

    What about booting to safemode and changing things back or using, if you
    have one, a real recent Sys restore point if nothing else. The other posible
    work around is boot to safemode, go to device manger and remove the card.
    Reboot and let it reinstall then would be back to basic settings I think.

    Bratboy, Jun 17, 2004