    BY THE DOCUMENT INSPECTOR.

    what to do

    pls help

    hitesh, Jan 17, 2010

  2. Hi Hitesh.

    I have not seen this warning before.

    Have you constructed the file yourself?

    Where have you go the file from?

    If you have got the file from a reliable and trustworthy source you will
    probably be OK to save the file (if that option is presented to you).

    Another option for you would be to check the file with a virus checker and
    make sure that it is, "clean" (not infected with any virus).

    All you are really trying to do is to make sure that the file is safe to use
    on an on-going basis and make sure that it will not harm your computer in any
    way.

    Thanks.

    trip_to_tokyo, Jan 17, 2010

  3. hitesh

    hitesh Guest

    As iam the new use of macros , iam trying to use macros by copy paste,

    problems occure due to macros?

    pls help

    hitesh, Jan 17, 2010
  4. Hi hitesh, not sure on this one although others on this forum probably are.

    I do know that with regard to macros you should be particularly careful that
    they come from a reputable and reliable source because they can be used to
    infect your pc with viruses.

    Whatever you do I would take great care here.

    trip_to_tokyo, Jan 17, 2010
  5. hitesh

    Ed Ferrero Guest

    Hi hitesh,

    You have enabled the 'Remove Personal Information' option.

    You will continue to get that annoying message when you try to save the
    workbook as an xslm, regardless of whether you actually have any code or
    ActiveX controls in the workbook.

    To stop getting the error message...

    Click on the Orb (the round thing with squiggles on it at the top left of
    the workbook).
    Click 'Excel Options'.
    Click 'Trust Center' (sic).
    Click 'Trust Center Settings...".
    Uncheck the 'Remove personal information from file properties on save'
    checkbox.

    Ed Ferrero
    www.edferrero.com

    Ed Ferrero, Jan 18, 2010