    database, it shows as a group of circles/squares/etc.; nothing readable or
    printable. Can you help me to resolve this issue?
    --

    Guest, Nov 24, 2006

    Graham Mayor Guest

    The Works database is not compatible with Word - the best option is to
    export the data from the database to a format that Word can use - ideally
    comma delimited text or dbf.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Nov 24, 2006

    Graham:
    Thank you for your prompt response. I hate to sound totally dumb but how do
    I convert the Works database to this dbf type file? Another thought, is there
    a similar database in Word 2002 that would permit me to sort certain
    addressees, for example, and then print the envelopes with Word?
    --
    Don

    Guest, Nov 24, 2006

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I don't have Works to hand, but I seem to recall an option in the file menu
    to 'save as'.
    If you want to do it all in Word, then create a table containing the data -
    see http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Nov 24, 2006
  5. Actually, if you have Word as part of Works Suite and have not uninstalled
    the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word, I believe you *can* use a Works
    database as a data source.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 24, 2006

    Suzanne:
    Thank you for the information. I have wandered all over the Microsoft
    website looking for an MVP to help me with a Windows problem; my inability to
    set up the sharing of a printer on a wireless network. Do you know how I may
    contact an MVP who covers Windows XP/XP Pro?
    --
    Don

    Guest, Nov 24, 2006
  7. Post your question in a Windows newsgroup. There's a bunch of them in there.
    ;-)

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    ~~~~~
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Nov 25, 2006

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Access the Microsoft forums directly via Outlook Express
    http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm and you shouldn't have any difficulty
    finding the one you want.

    --

    Graham Mayor, Nov 25, 2006