Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed.

Reaction score
Hi all, my first thread here. (not sure it is the right place to ask this question)

I have successfully added a local printer and named as 'BILL'
(my company's application is designed to print report on printer named BILL only, don't ask my why)

So, what if the BILL printer is a network printer? I cannot straight away add a network printer because I will get the printer name as 'BILL on pcname'.

The practice is, we add a local printer, and then change the printer port to the network printer (\\pcname\printesharename).

This works all the time until recently I hit this error. Click OK button on the printer propertues window, an error message was prompted: "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed."

I logged with the Administrator privileges, I test printed using the 'real' network printer. Everything is fine.

Anyone knows what is happening?

ps: my alternative solution is, adding a network printer and get a printer name without the 'on pcname' part. Renaming it won't work.

Ask a Question