    3. Which is the best book, that almost spoon feeds, on printer driver
    development?

    ThanQ...

    SME, Oct 26, 2007

  2. SME

    Don Burn Guest

    Comments inline:

    "SME" <> wrote in message
    news:%23siRrm$...
    >I am new to device drivers for Windows. I need clarifications on the
    >following:
    >
    > 1. Is a printer driver a UMDF or KMDF type?

    Neither, printer drivers are their own beasts. KMDF and UMDF are
    specifically to replace WDM drivers.

    > 2. In the examples of WDK, does the directory %wdk%\src\print contain the
    > printer driver samples?

    Yes

    > 3. Which is the best book, that almost spoon feeds, on printer driver
    > development?

    There are no books on printer driver development (or for that matter any of
    the other specialty driver types). I would move over to
    microsoft.public.development.device.drivers many more people hang out there,
    including some printer driver types (I am not one).

    --
    Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
    Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting

    Don Burn, Oct 26, 2007