Preview Pane - Make it go away!

Paul

Not a feature I care for at all, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get
rid of the thing. Anyone know how?

Chris Arcement

"View" - - "Layout" - - uncheck the box that says "Show Preview Pane"
towards the bottom of the window.

Chris

Chris Arcement said:
"View" - - "Layout" - - uncheck the box that says "Show Preview Pane"
towards the bottom of the window.

Chris

Just another reason no one will buy this OS. Adding item to the view menu.

Gary VanderMolen

Not sure what you're getting at, but sales of Vista have been better
than XP sales were after its release. Microsoft is in good shape financially.

Gary VanderMolen

Ron Sommer

:
:
: "Chris Arcement" wrote:
:
: > "View" - - "Layout" - - uncheck the box that says "Show Preview Pane"
: > towards the bottom of the window.
: >
: > Chris
: >
: >
: > : > > Not a feature I care for at all, but there doesn't seem to be a way to
get
: > > rid of the thing. Anyone know how?
: >
: >
:
: Just another reason no one will buy this OS. Adding item to the view
menu.

The Preview Pane was the same in Outlook Express, so it is not unique to
Vista.

dinnerbelle

I'm now using Windows Mail and there is not "layout" under the View. Still
can't turn off this darned Preview Pane

Dave

Click on the "View" in the main Windows Mail window, not in an open message
or create Mail window.

dinnerbelle

Thanks so much. Just found it.
I don't care what "they" say . . . I hate VISTA.

mac

dinnerbelle said:
Thanks so much. Just found it.
I don't care what "they" say . . . I hate VISTA.

If you can't accept a minor setting problem, is your fault, don't blame
Vista.

Do you still have the box it came in? Then send it back?