    Is there a way in RRAS for Windows 2003 to restrict internal traffic for a
    VPN user. ie. User one connects & should only have connectivity to one
    target IP within LAN?

    darkmoo, Sep 21, 2006

  2. You can do this by using 'Remote access policies'. Follow the below steps
    for this:
    1) Create a user group say "GRP1" and add the user for whom you want to
    restrict access say"User1" to this group. (We need to do this because we can
    specify only user groups in the conditions of the remote access policy and
    cannot specify the user itself.)
    2) Now create a remote access policy with conditions saying "User group
    matches 'GRP1'"
    3) In the Profile of this remote access policy, in the IP tab under "IP
    filters" select the inbound/outbound filters that you want to be applied for
    this particular user group and hence user.

    Let me know if you need more clarifications
    --
    Janani Vasudevan [MSFT]
    Software Design Engineer/Test

    http://blogs.msdn.com/jananiv

    RRAS blog: http://blogs.technet.com/rrasblog

    [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.]

    Janani Vasudevan [MSFT], Sep 21, 2006

  3. Janani,

    Thank you for the tip.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Sep 21, 2006