power user installation problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 MSI' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2004.

    I am having trouble with members of power users group installing an Msi package on a 2000 pro machine
    no problem with admin users. What should I be looking for in the .msi that might prevent powerusers from installing

    Guest, Apr 1, 2004

    Phil Wilson Guest

    Custom actions maybe, but it might help if you could describe the error or
    what's not working. A log can help sometimes:
    msiexec /i <path to msi file> /l*v myinstall.log
    --
    Phil Wilson
    [MVP Windows Installer]

    Phil Wilson, Apr 2, 2004

    Phil Wilson Guest

    I think this DLL wants to create some entries under the
    HKLM\System\CurentControlSet\Services key - that might be the problem.
    --
    Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
    ----
    "franki" <> wrote in message
    > I've go t some more information. The specific error is something like "..

    module path/Mssoap30.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147467259 (80004005).
    > I know this is an access violation error but on what? And why just this one

    dll?
    > If I go to an admin acct and register this dll, the app will run under the

    power user acct.

    Phil Wilson, Apr 2, 2004