    the mailstore from the other account?

    Cheers

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 24, 2007

  2. I don't know how you can have both user accounts open at the same time.

    Otherwise it is possible, but when you switch users you have to copy over
    the account files from the other user, as the passwords are encrypted
    differently between the two profiles. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm
    for details. The message store and the registry keys have to be the same
    between the two users.

    steve

    Steve Cochran, Jul 25, 2007

  3. "Steve Cochran" <> wrote in message
    >I don't know how you can have both user accounts open at the same time.

    What I meant was one being logged in, while using the other through 'fast
    user switching' and 'secondary logon'.

    > Otherwise it is possible, but when you switch users you have to copy over
    > the account files from the other user, as the passwords are encrypted
    > differently between the two profiles. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm
    > for details. The message store and the registry keys have to be the same
    > between the two users.

    So sharing the mailstore between two user accounts is possible then? I know
    how to transfer the account details and registry keys.

    I am still a bit worried if two accounts using the mailstore at the same
    time will corrupt it. e.g. the regular send/receive actions while an
    account is still logged in. Are you sure that my mailstore will be safe?

    Thanks.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Synapse Syndrome

    Ron Sommer Guest

    You can't use fast user switching if WinMail is open when you switch.
    --
    Ronald Sommer

    : "Steve Cochran" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : >I don't know how you can have both user accounts open at the same time.
    :
    :

    Ron Sommer, Jul 25, 2007
  5. "Ron Sommer" <> wrote in message
    > You can't use fast user switching if WinMail is open when you switch.

    Well, it seems to run while using fast user switching, so I do not know what
    you are talking about.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 1, 2007