    directory use?

    Thanks

    Tom

    tom D, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Hi Tom -

    This should help:

    179442 How to Configure a Firewall for Domains and Trusts
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=179442

    Seth Scruggs [MSFT], Mar 4, 2004

  3. | I am installing a new Cisco PIX 515 Firewall with 6
    | ethernet ports. I will have Windows 2000 Active directory
    | servers in 1 domain in multiple segments on the PIX. They
    | will have to talk to each other so I will have to create
    | an access-list to open ports. What ports does active-
    | directory use?
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Tom

    Tom,

    The following article details commonly used ports:

    832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows Server System
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832017

    Chad A. Lacy
    Windows 2000 Directory Services

    a-chadl [MSFT], Mar 4, 2004