    suspicious objects from my browser. I think that it would
    be held in the registry i just dont know where. I would
    appreciate any help.

    Mark, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Mark

    siljaline Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:05:13 -0700, "Mark" <> wrote:

    >We held a training class where i work and when i received
    >my laptop back i found a weird thing. If i am on any
    >webpage and i right click, in that dialog box that comes
    >up on the bottom above where it says properties there is a
    >line that says "<<<<<free porn galleries>>>>>" I have no
    >idea how it got there or how to get rid of it. I have run
    >spybot as well as adaware with no luck. I have deleted
    >suspicious objects from my browser. I think that it would
    >be held in the registry i just dont know where. I would
    >appreciate any help.

    Removal Tool, your choice, novice users, Lavasoft's Ad-aware,
    http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/privacy___security/aaw6181.exe
    Lavasoft/Ad-aware home: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Mirror site: http://www.lavasoft.de/

    Advanced users, SpyBot Search & Destroy,
    http://studserver.uni-dortmund.de/~su1669/spybotsd12.exe

    SpyBot home: http://security.kolla.de/
    SpyBot How-To: http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

    Install either but both are not necessary, reboot, read FAQ and overview, use
    online update feature to obtain the latest reference files, scan for Spyware
    much like you would with your pre-installed anti-virus scanner.
    Rid your machine of unwanted Spyware pests.

    HTH

    --
    siljaline

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    siljaline, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Have tried running spybot and rebooting, but no luck.

    <> wrote:

    >>We held a training class where i work and when i

    received
    >>my laptop back i found a weird thing. If i am on any
    >>webpage and i right click, in that dialog box that comes
    >>up on the bottom above where it says properties there is

    >>line that says "<<<<<free porn galleries>>>>>" I have no
    >>idea how it got there or how to get rid of it. I have

    run
    >>spybot as well as adaware with no luck. I have deleted
    >>suspicious objects from my browser. I think that it

    would
    >>be held in the registry i just dont know where. I would
    >>appreciate any help.

    >Removal Tool, your choice, novice users, Lavasoft's Ad-

    aware,
    >http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/privacy___security/aaw6181.

    exe
    >Lavasoft/Ad-aware home: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    >Mirror site: http://www.lavasoft.de/
    >
    >Advanced users, SpyBot Search & Destroy,
    >http://studserver.uni-dortmund.de/~su1669/spybotsd12.exe
    >
    >SpyBot home: http://security.kolla.de/
    >SpyBot How-To: http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/
    >
    >Install either but both are not necessary, reboot, read

    FAQ and overview, use
    >online update feature to obtain the latest reference

    files, scan for Spyware
    >much like you would with your pre-installed anti-virus

    scanner.
    >Rid your machine of unwanted Spyware pests.
    >
    >HTH
    >

    >--
    >siljaline
    >
    >"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a

    sucker's game
    >because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be

    indistinguishable from
    >-- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite

    amounts of free time."

    Mark, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Mark

    siljaline Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:52:36 -0700, "Mark" <> wrote:

    >Have tried running spybot and rebooting, but no luck.

    Go to:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
    button.
    Click: "Save Log" (generates "hijackthis.log")

    Next, HijackThis | Config [button] | Misc Tools [button]
    Click: Generate StartupList log [button] (generates "startuplist.txt")

    Next, go to the below location: Spyware and Hijackware Removal Support.
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/index.php?s=8a236cdf61469fbad3bddbe810be0374&act=SF&f=11

    Sign in, then copy and paste both files in your message.

    HTH

    siljaline, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Goose,

    Thank you very much! You really saved my tail.

    Mark, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Mark

    Goose Guest

    You're welcome, but credits should to go to Alan Edwards,
    mentioned as the source below.

    Regards, Goose.

    Goose, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Mark

    Goose Guest

    By the way, you may want to check your registry for
    www.the-exit.com(/search). It may be related to this other
    problem. Hijack this! helped very much to identify this
    annoying thing and removing it.

    Regards, Goose.

    Goose, Aug 8, 2003