Outlook POP3 Error message on Outlook - Help Please

Reaction score
Hi All

Keep getting this message pop up on my send/receive box;

Task'pop.virgin.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR could not connect to the server'

Have sent email to Virgin.net, they sent a resonse saying it was caused by email scanning on Norton
I have internet security 05

Have tried disabling email scanning, however, the problem is still there, anyone else experiencing this problem??

Any advice appreciated.

Lee

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How long has this problem persisted for? It is possible that it is just temporary if it has only been for a few hours.

It might be worth temporarily disabling Norton entirely to see if it is a problem with the Firewall perhaps.

Reaction score
This has been going on for a few weeks now, i have just disabled Norton completely as you said, if it still happens then i will have to revisit the problem, its strange though that my system has been ticking away for the last year and this never happened previously.
Strange!

Lee

Ask a Question