Pop up reminder while closing outlook

Reaction score
I am using outlook 2007. My intention is to get the pop up reminder to update my time sheet .while i close the out look

Pls refer attachement.

If i cilk yes then the outlokk has to close it and if i click no. it has to dircet me to the particular web page where i can update my time sheet details.

as i understood this is not possible using native features built into Outlook, and i came to know that it can be done via VBA.

Since i am not familiar with VBA coding.

i have done the following code by referring internet

Private Sub Application_Quit()
Prompt$ = "Have you updated your time sheet?"
Msg = MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground)
If Msg <> vbYes Then Exit Sub
End Sub

Now i want to do is if i click "yes" it should close the outlook and if i click "no" i t has to direct me the particular web page ( Let Outlook can continue to close)..

Please let me know the codings for this...

Attachments

• reminder.png
    reminder.png
    12 KB · Views: 1,405
Reaction score
This is easy. You can use Application.Shell to launch any apps from VBA.

But, if you want to open a specific website url, then check my blog on how to launch IE and login to Facebook from Excel.

This has the code to actually launch IE and open Facebook through a VBA code, It will work for Outlook VBA also.

Reaction score
is it possible to send this code out in an email so that when clicked it will launch a script that will automatically install this update into users outlook?

Ask a Question