    Is there a way to uninstall this feature? This has just recently occured so
    possibly has been triggered by an update. I don't want to use Windows Crappy
    Pop-Up Blocker. It's lame! Please help me get rid of it!

    Guest, Apr 18, 2006

    RWS Guest

    "ivory_kitten" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    Is there a way to uninstall this feature? This has just recently occured so
    possibly has been triggered by an update. I don't want to use Windows Crappy
    Pop-Up Blocker. It's lame! Please help me get rid of it!

    1. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then hover on Pop-up Blocker -
    Make sure that the only available option is "Turn On Pop-up Blocker"
    (meaning that it is indeed Off)
    2. If Pop-ups are still being blocked, then it is some other Pop-up Blocker at work.
    3. In Internet Explorer, click on View and then hover on Toolbars -
    Make note of any Third-Party toolbars that may be installed whether they are
    checked or unchecked. Any toolbars such as Google, Yahoo Companion, Starware,
    Viewpoint, etc. have Pop-up Blocker components that may be functioning even if the toolbar
    is unchecked in View / Toolbars. If actually using any of those junk toolbars, then
    you will need to turn off their pop-up blocker from within the toolbar itself or just go
    to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall any and all such junk toolbars and then
    reboot the computer and then test Internet Explorer behavior.
    4. Other possible sources of Pop-up blockers could be Anti Virus or Firewall programs
    and would need to be investigated / configured appropriately.
    5. BTW, I use Internet Explorer's Pop-up blocker and find it very easy to configure
    and don't quite understand why you think it is "Crappy". I also never install any junk
    Third-Party toolbars, and know how to configure my ZoneAlarm Pro Security Suite.
    6. HTH

    RWS, Apr 18, 2006

    babu Guest

    Hi !,
    U r right earlier I installed ZoneAlarm Pro Security Suite but because
    of this pop-up blocking I removed that, still my IE status-bar is
    showing "pop-up blocked".
    Some time only after preesing CTRL i am able to see that link.
    Pls. advise me to get rid of this problem
    Thanks
    Dibakar

    babu, Apr 18, 2006

    1. Internet Explorer definitely says Turn On Pop-Up Blocker (so it's
    definitely OFF there)
    2. I do not use crappy third party toolbars either
    3. I have McAfee and the Pop-Up Blocker is disabled there too!

    I don't use a pop-up blocker as I do not really have a lot of pop-ups. I
    know it's blocking because I can't log in to internet banking unless I hold
    control because it opens it in a new window.

    It has to be an update that caused it because I've not had this problem
    previously

    Guest, Apr 20, 2006

    1. Internet Explorer definitely says Turn On Pop-Up Blocker (so it's
    definitely OFF there)
    2. I do not use crappy third party toolbars either
    3. I have McAfee and the Pop-Up Blocker is disabled there too!

    I don't use a pop-up blocker as I do not really have a lot of pop-ups. I
    know it's blocking because I can't log in to internet banking unless I hold
    control because it opens it in a new window.

    It has to be an update that caused it because I've not had this problem
    previously

    I am sorry that your problem has not been resolved yet.
    Despite the recent debacle with Security update 908531 (MS06-015)
    that led to the release of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 -
    I am not convinced that your situation "has to be an update that caused it"
    The issue still sounds like some kind of pop-up blocker at work,
    especially since holding down the CTRL key bypasses the effect;
    as that is a procedure for bypassing some but not all pop-up blockers.
    If you have not done so, please make a thorough check of Add or Remove Programs
    to make sure that no toolbars such as Google or Yahoo Companion or
    ANY pop-up blockers are not installed. Yahoo Companion can hitch a ride
    with updates to Adobe Reader and Google does the same with Java updates.
    If no such entity is listed and nothing out of the ordinary is revealed under
    Internet Exploer / View / Toolbars, then maybe should check Internet Explorer /
    Tools / Manage Add-ons for anything suspicious.
    If you are on a broadband connection, you could try booting to Safe Mode With Networking
    and see if the issue occurs. If not, then that means that some program is loading
    in Normal Mode and is causing the issue.

    RWS, Apr 20, 2006