    Event ID: 26
    Date: 10/29/2003
    Time: 11:19:14 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PATEL2
    Application popup: cisvc.exe - No Disk : There is no disk
    in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
    \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

    Has any had this problem or know how to resolve.

    Thanks
    Nick Patel

    Nick, Oct 29, 2003

  2. >-----Original Message-----
    >Whenever I boot my machine, I keep getting the following
    >messagebox with cancel,continue asking me to insert
    >diskette in drive a:. I can't seem to get rid of nagging
    >popups. Here is the log from event viewer
    >

    >Event Type: Information
    >Event Source: Application Popup
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 26
    >Date: 10/29/2003
    >Time: 11:19:14 AM
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: PATEL2
    >Application popup: cisvc.exe - No Disk : There is no disk
    >in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
    >\Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
    >
    >Has any had this problem or know how to resolve.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Nick Patel
    >.
    > Have you tried putting a diskette in the drive, so

    it could perform the operation that it is wanting to
    perform ? Although, according to the second part of the
    message, it does not sound like it is trying to address to
    floppy drive.

    James Overstreet, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Nick

    Vanguard Guest

    Did you check what NT service utilizes the cisvc.exe program? Having to
    look at the properties of each service listed in the Services applet can
    be nuisancesome. You can look under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services; there is a cisvc
    subkey. This shows it is the "Indexing Service" service.

    Do you really need this service always running? I have mine set to
    Manual mode since I don't need it wasting resources and consuming CPU
    cycles for a feature that I don't need since I'm not running a file
    server. If you really need to have this service running all the time,
    use the Computer Management MMC applet (compmgmt.msc) to check what
    catalogs you have defined for the Indexing Service. Maybe you have a
    catalog defined on a floppy drive.

    *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

    Vanguard, Oct 29, 2003