    about drivers.

    Thank you so much!
    Village Idiot

    Guest, Apr 2, 2006

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hello,

    i dont now, helping a village idiot, they are most hanging around poking
    there nose ! ;)
    But you have a Dell PC and it belong to Dell Support program so dont
    Block but Ignore!

    Regards >*< TOM >*<

    Tom Emmelot, Apr 2, 2006

    That'r right. SSDMI2 is the driver for Dell Support 3.1. Dell support will be
    crippled and will not provide updates to your PC without that service
    functioning. Defender finds Dell Support instrusive because it scans deeply
    throughout the PC, but it is needed and to be expected. Check your Event
    Viewer after you unblock it and make sure that the SSDMI2 service has
    successfully started. If it won't, you may need to re-install Dell Support
    3.1.
    --
    Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

    Guest, Apr 2, 2006

    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried about this. Now this village idiot
    can worry about something else!!!! :-D

    Guest, Apr 2, 2006

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hello Village Idiot,

    go sit on the bench, smoke a pipe and drink a bear and dont worry! ;)

    Regards >*< TOM >*<

    Tom Emmelot, Apr 3, 2006
  6. I hesitate to inform you, but you've suggested that he drink a very large,
    ferocious furry animal (ursinus?)--rather than a beer..... <G>

    (English spelling is very difficult, even for the natives!)

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 9, 2006

    Bill..................coulda been Tom's not so subtle way to "get rid of
    me"!!! hehe Sure ain't easy trying to drink a bear......
    Village Idiot

    Guest, Apr 11, 2006
  8. I think he may have been taking your handle too literally!

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 11, 2006