    I have cheeked Recycle Bin and ran search program without any success.
    Is there any way to retrieve the file.
    TIA.

    newbie, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Where was the file when you accessed it before the power failure? On your
    hard drive? On a floppy? On a CD?
    What do you mean by "The worksheet was in saved condition."?
    What do you mean by "When power resumed my worksheet simply vanished."? Do
    you mean that it was no longer on your hard drive? What constitutes
    "vanished"?
    You say "Now whenever I try to access the worksheet ". How are you trying
    to access the file?
    You say "the worksheet should have saved itself". When do you think the
    file should have saved itself? HATH Otto

    Otto Moehrbach, Jul 20, 2005

  3. newbie

    newbie Guest

    HI,
    File was in my hard drive.
    By saved condition I meant to say that it was an old file on which I was
    working when the power failure occurred.
    Previously file was in my document folder from where I could open it.
    Now the file is simply not there in my document folder.
    In my excel program and in my recent document I can see the name of the
    file, but when I click to open it, I get the message that file is not found.
    In windows xp there is a provision to save the unsaved portion of file
    during power outage. At least it is there in word program. I don't know
    whether same provision is there in excel or not.
    Any idea how the file could be retrieved?
    TIA.

    newbie, Jul 21, 2005
  4. That feature is a Windows feature. I have had numerous power outages over
    many years and I have never had a file to disappear in the process, so I
    can't help you with that. I gather that you do not have a backup. Consider
    yourself admonished for not backing up regularly. There are reasons you
    should back up your files regularly. You just ran into one of them. HTH
    Otto

    Otto Moehrbach, Jul 21, 2005