Please Help - Text in object is upside down (powerpoint 2007)

PM1976

Hello,

Please can you help me - this is driving me crazy!

I am using Powerpoint 2007 and whenever I insert a new object the text
appears flipped. The object is the 'right way up' - i.e. the green dot (for
rotating the shape) is above the box - but the text is upside down and runs
from right to left.

The text direction is set to horizontal. Font is the same as other objects.

It seems like I've managed to rotate the text box without rotating the shape
- this theory seems to be supported by the fact that if I choose [text
layout...vertical alignment...top] the text moves to the bottom of the shape.

But I haven't done it on purpose and want to reset it!

Grateful for any ideas. I can't even find an option to rotate the text
within the shape.

Thanks

Pete

Echo S

Wow, how odd.

Check your Text Direction settings. There's an icon on the Home tab in the
Paragraph Group for Text Direction. Choose the appropriate direction there.

Once you have the object formatted the way you want, you can right-click it
and choose Set as Default Shape.

I'm not positive that will correct what you're describing, though. I don't
think you get upside-down and/or right-to-left text that way. I thought
maybe the Flip options (Home tab | Arrange | Rotate) might affect the text,
but it seems to stay put. If I flip vertically, it goes upside down, but the
object itself gets the rotation handle on the bottom in that case. Hm. Could
your text and object be two objects grouped together?

You might also check the language of the shape. If you select the shape and
go to the Review tab | Language, what language does it say at the top of the
list?

Also, has this file been moved from 2007 to 2003 and back? I've seen a
couple of odd text alignment things happen in those cases, especially with
shapes like "round same side corner rectangle" that've been rotated 90
degrees.

John Wilson

Try this!!!

Highlight the rotated text in any shape.
Format Tab > Word art Styles > Text Effects > 3D Rotation

Is Y set to 180??
If so set to zero

Right Click shape > Set as default shape

Echo S

ooooh, slick!

--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

PM1976 said:
[...]

I wasn't so slick on April 1

John

Echo S said:
ooooh, slick!

PM1976 said:
[...]

Joined
Jan 10, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm having this same problem. Suddenly the text on any Powerpoint 2007 shapes defaults to upside down. The suggestions above don't work - X, Y, and Z are all set to zero. I have tried rotating 180 degrees and setting as default but this does not work.

Any suggestions?

I wasn't so slick on April 1

John

news:(e-mail address removed)...