PLEASE HELP ME GET MY FILES BACK

Reaction score
hey everyone, I have a serious problem and i need some help.

on friday, my hard drive failed. I got one error message saying that my HD was at risk of failing and that I should do a backup.

I'm using a Toshiba L655 with window 7, so i created a "Toshiba Recovery Disk", a "System Image Disk" and even backed up my favorites, my desktop and library files onto a DVD.

When I got my new HD, I used the Toshiba Recovery Disk to restore my computer to the way it was when I bought it. The only thing is that there were no files, or programs that restored.

I was going to use the backup of my libraries and desktop to restore those files, but when I put the disk in it said there were no files on the disk. It only copied the icons but on files. As for the favorites disk, it has links on it, like a webpage would look, and I dont know how to put those links under the favorites tab on my web browser tab.

The "system image disk" set is the only one that I haven't used. Is there a way I can download all my files from there? There has to be a way to get the files from somewhere, even if it's off the old HD. I don't know how to do it, but if I had someone that could walk me thur it step by step, I just might be able to get them back.

The reason this is so important to me is that I had just finished my first ebook and all my files were on the desktop. Even my website files, images, bonuses and all that were on there.

Please let there be somone out therethat knows how I can make this happen. If anyone is willing to hlep, please let me know.

God bless,
Lavonda

Ask a Question