Playing Videos

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by seafox, Dec 12, 2009.

1. seafox

seafox

I have a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 and I am having problems playing videos fron Youtube, Huhu etc. with a wireless connection. When I connect to my router with an ethernet cable the videos play smoothly. When I try to play videos with a wireless connection they stop and wait endlessly for buffering . I have another laptop that plays videos smoothly using the same wireless router so I don't think the wireless signal is the problem. When I first got thes Sony videos played smoothly so maybe something I installed is causing the problem. Do you have any thoughts on what the problem may be or how to fix it?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    seafox, Dec 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. seafox

Ian Administrator

Could you try this speed test website on the laptop via wireless/wired and post the results here please?

http://www.speedtest.net/

This should show if there are connection/speed problems when using wireless, rather than some other problem.

Ian, Dec 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements