Play.com

Reaction score
Ok as ya know I am building up my sh*tty computer to make it a bit better, as it has a not so great MoBo I haven't been throwing huge amounts of cash at it.
Anyway so this morning I went onto Play.com to order a "PNY GeForce 9400 GT " Cheap card I know.... Anyway I got an e-mail to say the order ahd been processed and it would be shipped within 24 hours...Nice one I thought, I made the order at about 5am this morning, recieved the confirmation e-mail at about 8:30am, checked me nank balance and it had been debited by £41.99... Woohoo I thought, card will be here tomorrow and I can start playing GTR-Evolution without glitches, ( not easy using onboard graphics with W7)

Anyway this afternoon at about 12:30pm I got this e-mail from Play.com
Thank you for your order with Play.com.

When attempting to process your credit/debit card it was declined by your bank. We would ask you to check all of your card details carefully.

Your credit/debit card may have been declined because the card number, expiry date or start date is incorrect. For Solo and Switch cards the issue number should also be checked.

If your details are correct it may be that your bank has declined your card as part of a random security check. In this situation you will need to contact your bank to allow the card to be processed.

For PlayTrade item(s) your order could not be reserved and your PlayTrade order has been cancelled. If you would still like to purchase this PlayTrade order please revisit our website once your credit card has been approved.

For Play.com item(s) it is not necessary to re-submit your order. Your outstanding item(s) will be shipped as soon as we can process the payment.

If you experience any further problems please contact our Customer Service Department on 0845 800 1020(UK only) or +44(0)1534 877 595(outside UK) who will be able to assist you further.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards,

Play.com

I have been trying to call the number since getting the e-mail... I get nothing, it just rings and rings and rings, doesn't even give me the silly if you need press 1 etc.. I at fiirst thought might be sommit up with my phone, but used me mobile, a mates mobile and his home phone but the same thing..The thing is they are saying the order is cancelled, but my bank account is still showing the order has been payed for. I contacted Halifax and they said an amount of £41.99 had neen hounered to play .com... I have been on the site to see if there is an e-mail link but can't bloody find one...As you can imagine I am somewaht f*cking p*ssed off.. Help please guys, suggestions, before I through £4k's worth of MAc at the wall...
wallbash.gif

Reaction score
Hi Madx,

Sorry to hear about your problems with play.com

I would phone them first thing in the morning.

I found this e-mail address on some forums after searching the net (e-mail address removed) dont know if it will help but its worth a go.

So Halifax have confirmed that the payment has completed to play.com or is it still pending? If it has completed then they should have not done this it is very bad. I would e-mail and keep phoning them until you get an through and demand that they refund you straight away.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's disturbing.

I haven't bought anything from Play.com for at least nine months but in the past they've been great, I've bought lots from them.

And I never had any problems getting through to them on the phone.

I've had a parcel go astray as well and did get a refund for it, albeit after having to wait about 3 or 4 weeks just to make sure the goods didn't eventually show up.

Hmm, if that's where they're at now, gonna have to favour Amazon/HMV/GAME for online game purchases.

Let us know how you get on.

Reaction score
Wizkid said:
So Halifax have confirmed that the payment has completed to play.com or is it still pending?

Halifax have confirmed payment has been made...

Flopps I have never used them before, but thought I would give them a try as a few members had mentioned them before. Oh and the fact for some reason I can't sign into OCUK, and Play was actually cheaper than OCUK..Shall keep you guys informed

Wizkid, t for the e-mail link I shall e-mail them right now....Grr I am kinda ****ed...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Play have normally been OK for me too (sometimes slow delivery, but that's not their fault). I've not had to deal with their customer service before though, which is where it often counts!

Fingers crossed you can get through today :)

Reaction score
OK now I am really confused.. Still not able to get Play.com on the line. But checked HAlifax online a few minutes ago, and it would seem I have been credited the £41.99.... I think i'll just give up on them, and go look somewhere else....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Mad, ask the bank. ;)

You may find that initially the 'transaction' was being processed, but "something" was not quite right and was, fortunately, cancelled.

I only found out recently that I needed to use the whole of my card number, not just the last twelve digits as I thought. Turns out that the first bit actually identifies the card to the vendor. oh, I'm with HSBC, your milage may be different, worth a call. :thumb:

Not sure I like Play.com customer service. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Not sure I like Play.com customer service. ;)

:user:

I can't comment on that cause I can't get hold of the fricking customer service... I did have a word to the bank today, They said they have been having problems, so it might be down to them...Oh well...

Reaction score
Just bought 2 items from play with no problems.
But did have a problem last year that was quickly cleared up by contacting play.com
May just be a glitch MadX that has been made.

Ask a Question