    acts as a stop and restarts the video from the beginning each time I start it
    back up.

    Can anyone help me with this or recommend something that can make this happen?

    No, Jan 18, 2008

  2. No

    TAJ Simmons Guest

    The only way I know of pausing a video clip is to point the cursor/pointer
    at it and click it.

    Or insert a video clip with the 'play controls' (e.g. start stop rewind
    buttons) and click the pause button.

    So I believe you're out of luck unless you can find a clicker that can
    emulate a mouse.

    cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    Microsoft Powerpoint MVP

    awesome - powerpoint templates,
    http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
    powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

    TAJ Simmons, Jan 18, 2008

  3. No

    Erenvale

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same problem. I am using a keyspan remote to advance each slide on the presentation but have embedded videos and could not pause these using the remote. I have been able to use my microsoft remote mouse to do this. It means changing remotes during the presentation - but works. You can hold your mouse in the air and use it as a remote clicker- it does not work so well to advance the slides but works for pausing the video:

    Plug in the usb for the mouse into your laptop
    To pause the video = point mouse at screen and right click on mouse
    To resume play = press centre button on mouse

    Hope this helps.

    Erenvale, Aug 3, 2011