    'regular' series on a secondary axis.

    Is there a trick to get around doing this retaining the 'pivot' features?

    MTIA

    DKS, Apr 18, 2008

  2. DKS

    Jon Peltier Guest

    You can't add data from outside the parent pivot table to a pivot chart. It
    is possible to add pivot data to a regular chart, if you use the Source Data
    dialog, Series tab to add the data.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    _______

    Jon Peltier, Apr 18, 2008

  3. DKS

    DKS Guest

    Would this "link" the chart to the pivot table, i.e. I can select pivot rows
    or columns to display and the chart changes automatically?

    Or would this technique simply use the data in a pivot table as regular data?

    DKS, Apr 18, 2008
  4. DKS

    Jon Peltier Guest

    The regular chart uses the data as regular data. If the pivot table changes,
    the chart still links to the same absolute cell address. I've made the
    regular chart more dynamic by using dynamic Names that move appropriately
    with the changing pivot table, or by using code that updates the chart
    series based on the new configuration.

    - Jon
    -------

    Jon Peltier, Apr 19, 2008