Windows XP Ping Transmit failed error code 1314

Reaction score
When Pinging a Server from Win XP on a Sony VAIO Laptop SP2 the following error occurs

Ping Transmit failed error code 1314

The system was working perfectly then suddenly stopped being able to connect to a server

What does this error mean.??

What is the cause.??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried repairing your network connection? To do this, right click on "My Network Places", select "Properties" then right click on "Local Area Connection" and select "Repair".

Reaction score
Try and do a winsock fix

Go to "Start" > "Run" > and type in "cmd" click ok

Then type the following command

netsh winsock reset

and push enter reboot and try again.

Reaction score
Managed to solve the problem

We have resolved the problem.

We disabled the Firewall and try to ping the problem data server.

This time the ping message changed to timeout.

We unistalled MC'Caffee Firewall 8.5 Enterprise edition and re-installed.

Solved the Problem. Ironically we've had another machine fail with a near identical problem. You wait ages for a bus then two come at the same time.

Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
I think Mcafee Enterprise is the problem !

well i had the same problem with a connection between two of my pc`s .
the server which had McAfee firewall enabled was not able to ping the other one ,
i have set a rule to allow all the transfer between server and that client ( and that was the only rule i have added to the default policy so far ) so i thought deleting the rule would solve it but it didnt ! so i ve changed the home pc`s ip and it worked fine , i dont know perhaps there is sth wrong with McAfee or sth , i dont know about reinstalling it cuz my dad was acting crazy since i was providing his internet and he needed it now :D :p i would let you know if this solved not by re installing the software

Reaction score
Sorry but thats what you get when you use McCr4pee.
I suggest using Kaspersky Open Space Security.... just spent over £2000 pound on it but it's bloody worth it.

Ask a Question