Ping RAY RaY.asm modified

Discussion in 'Anti-Virus' started by Dustin, Aug 6, 2012.

  1. Dustin

    Dustin Guest

    Hi again Ray.

    Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.

    segment code

    start:
    mov ax,data
    mov ds,ax
    mov ax,stack
    mov ss,ax
    mov sp,stacktop

    mov dx,hello
    mov ah,9
    int 0x21

    mov ah,0x3c
    mov cx,0
    mov dx,files
    int 0x21

    mov [filehnd],ax

    mov ah,0x40
    mov bx, [filehnd]
    mov cx,msglength
    mov dx,hello
    int 0x21

    mov ah,0x3e
    mov bx,[filehnd]
    int 0x21

    mov ax,0x4c00
    int 0x21

    segment data

    hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
    files db 'ray.txt', 0
    filehnd db 2
    msglength equ 0x24

    segment stack stack
    resb 64
    stacktop:

    It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes, but
    does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.

    Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the same
    functionality, Ray? [g]

    This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.

    --
    Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
    Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.

    Dustin, Aug 6, 2012

  2. Dustin

    Hot-Text Guest

    "Dustin" <> wrote in message news:XnsA0A6EA6A9B5E7HHI2948AJD832@no...
    > Hi again Ray.
    >
    > Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.
    >
    > segment code
    >
    > start:
    > mov ax,data
    > mov ds,ax
    > mov ax,stack
    > mov ss,ax
    > mov sp,stacktop
    >
    > mov dx,hello
    > mov ah,9
    > int 0x21
    >
    > mov ah,0x3c
    > mov cx,0
    > mov dx,files
    > int 0x21
    >
    > mov [filehnd],ax
    >
    > mov ah,0x40
    > mov bx, [filehnd]
    > mov cx,msglength
    > mov dx,hello
    > int 0x21
    >
    > mov ah,0x3e
    > mov bx,[filehnd]
    > int 0x21
    >
    > mov ax,0x4c00
    > int 0x21
    >
    > segment data
    >
    > hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
    > files db 'ray.txt', 0
    > filehnd db 2
    > msglength equ 0x24
    >

    > segment stack stack
    > resb 64
    > stacktop:
    >

    > It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes, but
    > does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.
    >
    > Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the same
    > functionality, Ray? [g]
    >
    > This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.

    This MaxBox is designed for teaching..
    < http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxbox/?source=directory >
    it have big library of 220 examples and exercises.

    Hot-Text, Aug 6, 2012

  3. Dustin

    Dustin Guest

    "Hot-Text" <> wrote in

    > "Dustin" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi again Ray.
    >>
    >> Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.
    >>
    >> segment code
    >>
    >> start:
    >> mov ax,data
    >> mov ds,ax
    >> mov ax,stack
    >> mov ss,ax
    >> mov sp,stacktop
    >>
    >> mov dx,hello
    >> mov ah,9
    >> int 0x21
    >>
    >> mov ah,0x3c
    >> mov cx,0
    >> mov dx,files
    >> int 0x21
    >>
    >> mov [filehnd],ax
    >>
    >> mov ah,0x40
    >> mov bx, [filehnd]
    >> mov cx,msglength
    >> mov dx,hello
    >> int 0x21
    >>
    >> mov ah,0x3e
    >> mov bx,[filehnd]
    >> int 0x21
    >>
    >> mov ax,0x4c00
    >> int 0x21
    >>
    >> segment data
    >>
    >> hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
    >> files db 'ray.txt', 0
    >> filehnd db 2
    >> msglength equ 0x24
    >>

    >> segment stack stack
    >> resb 64
    >> stacktop:
    >>

    >> It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes,
    >> but does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.
    >>
    >> Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the
    >> same functionality, Ray? [g]
    >>
    >> This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.
    >>

    > This MaxBox is designed for teaching..

    And this has what to do with the source I posted?

    > < http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxbox/?source=directory >
    > it have big library of 220 examples and exercises.

    You still won't find this there. I didn't rip it from anyplace.

    Dustin, Aug 6, 2012
  4. Dustin

    Hot-Text Guest

    \"Dustin" <> wrote in message news:XnsA0A75AFC98CD5HHI2948AJD832@no...
    > "Hot-Text" <> wrote in
    >
    >> "Dustin" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi again Ray.
    >>>
    >>> Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.
    >>>
    >>> segment code
    >>>
    >>> start:
    >>> mov ax,data
    >>> mov ds,ax
    >>> mov ax,stack
    >>> mov ss,ax
    >>> mov sp,stacktop
    >>>
    >>> mov dx,hello
    >>> mov ah,9
    >>> int 0x21
    >>>
    >>> mov ah,0x3c
    >>> mov cx,0
    >>> mov dx,files
    >>> int 0x21
    >>>
    >>> mov [filehnd],ax
    >>>
    >>> mov ah,0x40
    >>> mov bx, [filehnd]
    >>> mov cx,msglength
    >>> mov dx,hello
    >>> int 0x21
    >>>
    >>> mov ah,0x3e
    >>> mov bx,[filehnd]
    >>> int 0x21
    >>>
    >>> mov ax,0x4c00
    >>> int 0x21
    >>>
    >>> segment data
    >>>
    >>> hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
    >>> files db 'ray.txt', 0
    >>> filehnd db 2
    >>> msglength equ 0x24
    >>>

    >>> segment stack stack
    >>> resb 64
    >>> stacktop:
    >>>

    >>> It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes,
    >>> but does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.
    >>>
    >>> Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the
    >>> same functionality, Ray? [g]
    >>>
    >>> This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.
    >>>

    >> This MaxBox is designed for teaching..

    > And this has what to do with the source I posted?
    >
    >> < http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxbox/?source=directory >
    >> it have big library of 220 examples and exercises.

    > You still won't find this there. I didn't rip it from anyplace.

    To pass you up is why I post it for.....

    and he will find more there then you give.

    regs.x.ax = 0x2701; int86x(0x2F, &regs, &regs, &sregs);

    Hot-Text, Aug 6, 2012