    (Embeddded Systems)
    Victorian Partnership of Advanced Computing
    Melbourne, Victoria Australia

    David Jones vpac org>, Mar 10, 2009

  2. It depends what sort of email server you are using.

    Will the XPe systems have network access?

    Exchange server has a 'web client' interface that users can use to check
    mail, calendar etc via internet explorer.

    Otherwise look for low cost (or free) email clients that can communicate
    with your server type when the XPe machines are connected to the network.
    most ogf these will have some sort of syncing facility between what is on the
    server and what is on the client machine.

    Kevin Benstead, Mar 10, 2009

  3. We want an email/contacts/calendar system with an API so that we manipulate
    the PIM data via a custom app., rather than an off-the-shelf app.

    Been looking at Outlook Express. The API isn't as "up front" for .NET as
    Outlook is.

    Thx

    David Jones vpac org>, Mar 11, 2009