    issue with Picture Manager.
    Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
    ter

    Ter, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Ter

    John Inzer Guest

    Don't know if it will help but have
    a look at the following article...

    (828386) Picture Manager 2003 may quit
    unexpectedly when started
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828386

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Ter

    Ter Guest

    Thanks for trying John...but not the problem. The microsoft article deals
    with persons logged on with restricted accounts. Mine is "administrator" so
    the fix doesn't apply. Thanks anyway.

    Ter, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Ter

    Mary Sauer Guest

    Did you move the temporary folder?

    Have you tried "detect and repair?" Do you have add-in's associated with the Picture
    Manager? Help, About Microsoft Office Picture Manager, disabled items...
    Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display, settings tab,
    advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this works it probably means you need an
    upgraded video driver.

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/

    Mary Sauer, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Ter

    Ter Guest

    Hi Mary..
    Nope..didn't move Temp folder...still at C:\Windows\Temp and
    C:\Docs&Settings\Username\Local Settings.
    Yes, tried Office "Detect and Repair"...no effect.
    No add-ins associated with Picture Manager.
    Tried moving the accelerator slider all the way down to "0"...no effect
    (except I lost my desktop background)...so ungrading the video driver seems
    unlikely. (ATI Radeon X300 -Driver version 6.14.10.6476)
    Thanks for all the suggestions though...
    ter

    Ter, Jul 13, 2005
  6. Ter

    John Inzer Guest

    "Ter" wrote:
    > Nope..didn't move Temp folder...

    ==============================
    Just for fun...try the instructions in
    the article I posted for you.

    (828386) Picture Manager 2003 may quit
    unexpectedly when started
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828386

    Beyond that...you may have a corrupted
    user account. Might be worth a try to create
    a new administrator account and see if the
    Picture Manager works.

    (279783) How To Create and Configure
    User Accounts in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Jul 13, 2005
  7. Ter

    Mary Sauer Guest

    Hey John, I would have thought moving the temp folder would have cured the issue... I
    would have given it a try. The Knowledge Base article was pretty clear about the
    solution.

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/

    Mary Sauer, Jul 13, 2005
  8. Ter

    John Inzer Guest

    "Mary Sauer" wrote:
    > Hey John, I would have thought moving
    > the temp folder would have cured the
    > issue... I would have given it a try. The
    > Knowledge Base article was pretty clear
    > about the solution.

    =============================
    I know but the OP didn't think so. It's like
    a salad bar...you choose what you like :blush:)

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Jul 13, 2005
  9. Ter

    Ter Guest

    Hi Mary & John:
    Seems from your exchange of messages that I may have misinterpreted
    Mary's..."did you move the Temp folder"...I thought this was just a
    question, so I simply said "no".
    OK...so went back to the salad bar and refilled my plate.
    Tried moving the Temp file per the article John sent along...but that didn't
    work either.
    Then took John's last bit of advice and created a new user
    account.....eurika !!!
    Picture Manager works within the new user account (but still refuses within
    my original account).
    Now I guess I'll have to create or transfer all my settings, etc. to the new
    account and simply start using it whenever I need to use Picture Manager (or
    maybe I should just delete the old account) .
    Wonder what might have corrupted the original user account ???
    In any case THANKS SOOOO MUCH....both of you !!! Very Much appreciated.

    Ter, Jul 15, 2005
  10. Ter

    John Inzer Guest

    Excellent...it just proves that persistence pays :blush:)

    It's hard to say what would corrupt a user account,
    I just know that it occurs once in a while.

    Maybe the following article will be useful:

    (811151) How to Copy User Data to a New
    User Profile
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    Thanks for letting us know what the fix was.

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Jul 15, 2005
  11. Ter

    walter

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello!
    I have restricted users on my Windows Server 2003 (it's a terminal server). They can't start Picture Manager. Do you know what can I do to solve this problem? What should I share on the server for user group? I don't want to give them admin rights.
    I tried to move temp folder - it doesn't work.

    walter, May 13, 2011