Picnik To Be Closed By Google

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone out there use Picnik, the querky, and very good, photo editing programme? I think it is excellent and all the kids love it, finding it great fun.

It was recently taken over by Google and they have just announced that it will close in April. They suggest that most of its features will be available in Google+ but that does not seem to be the case.

Within Google there is a Picnik forum and the forum members are not happy, to say the least. Their main point is simply why can't the whole of Picnik be accessed via Google, which would keep everyone pleased.

I know that big compaies often take over smaller ones and then close them down but I can't see what Google have to gain here unless they plan to bring out a Super Picnik site later, and if that is the plan why haven't they let everyone know.

The natives are restless and Google has lost some of its credibility.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Google sometimes, to me anyway, seem rather disjointed ... some right handers dunno what the lefties are doing. :)

You can always go to the tried & tested Picasa ... oh wait! that's Google. :rolleyes:

:user:

Ask a Question