    physical memory dump" and then the computer reboots itself
    and it happens again the same as the first time.

    Please help is my HD crashed?

    Ecoteck, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Ecoteck

    Mark V Guest

    Ecoteck wrote in news:05b701c37f9d$4ea64b60$:

    > I was trying to install freedom antivirus software on my
    > win2000 800mhz 768MB sd ram, it went through the install
    > normally and then tried a reboot
    >
    > Reboots to the windows start up screen then Blue screen
    > with a bunch of info flashes and It says "starting
    > physical memory dump" and then the computer reboots itself
    > and it happens again the same as the first time.
    >
    > Please help is my HD crashed?

    Not likely. More likely some "driver" from the software is at fault.

    1) Try selecting Last Known Good (LKG) configuration during startup
    to see if you can boot up. If yes, try uninstalling the software.

    2) When possible go to System Properties, Advanced, Startup and
    Recovery, and un-check "Automatically reboot". This will cause any
    BSODs (blue screens) to remain and allow you to get possibly usefull
    information from it.

    I know nothing about "freedom antivirus software".

    Mark V, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Ecoteck

    islwayn

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    not likely... I disagree with you regarding the driver non sense... this is a problem with Windows.. its in each operating system XP, 2000, etc.. it happened on my brand new HP/Compaq Presario... 2 weeks after I bought it.. now its dead!... well today, it happened on my brand new DELL Inspiron.. both running XP Pro.. and a lot of other people are getting the same blue screen of death saying its dumping physical memory.. it is.. and it destroys your motherboard!... type in "starting physical memory dump" in the google site.. check it out for yourself... there is a real problem out there! and either microsoft, or someone should have to come up with some answers and some new machines for those of us with dead computers!... I see a class action suit coming soon.....

    islwayn, Feb 10, 2007