Photo printer

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Have been looking for a photoprinter capable of high quality prints. eBuyer have a Canon Selphy ES1 at £139.99. It has an integrated ink and paper cartridge but I have not been able to find the cost of a replacement cartridge.
Would appreciate any advice on this or other alternative photoprinters.
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I picked up recently an HP Photosmart 8250, it is a really good printer and not too expensive for the performance. Check it out if you are still undecided.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Integrated ink and paper cartridge not a good idea - expensive.

I too have an HP Photosmart, model 7960 (now discontinued) which I'm very happy with, excellent results.

A list: Photosmart printers

And this one suits your budget: 7160

So it's worth considering an HP printer but others here, I'm sure, can offer alternatives.

I'm not necessarily recommending Dabs either, just using their site to give a list. Amazon.co.uk are good for prices.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Another HP Photosmart printer user here also, bit steep on what you pay for the ink, can't fault the quality though.

An alternative, as you can get really good quality CHEAP ink, is the Epson R300 series printers, not sure what number they are on at the moment. My brother has one, he also has one of those "outside" ink kits that can easily be re-filled, works a treat.

user.gif

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys - will now definately go for separate ink/paper and check out the HPs.
Cheers
peahouse05:thumb:

Have come across 'small format' printers while checking out Epsons - printing 10x15cm max. Since I have no room for another printer near PC may be worth considering. Anything known?

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The only Epson's I like, apart from the Epsom's Liver Salts, are the 'R' series ... R2xx or R3xx ... not had a 'play' with the newer ones and the 'C' series were just right-out crap. You can get really cheap cartridges for Epson printers.

Be warned, the 'tri-colour' cartridges are something to be avoided ... run out of yellow and you really need a whole new cartridge, @ £58 a throw, 'tis a rip-off.

Look for a printer that has the individual cartridge system, better with 6, yes 6 (or more) for good quality photo work ... one of them will be black. ;)

If you have a PCWorld in your area, go have a look, you should easily get a good photo-realistic printer for around £60 ... you can pay more for fancy in-built gadgets such as card reader& or even a silly little screens.

A lot of printers these days do not need a PC, more fun with a PC though. :D

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Mucks - that clears a up a lot of things. The nearest PCWorld is 35 miles away but that is a 'nip down the road' around here. Wife, daughter and brand new grandaughter will be passing that way tomorrow.
Cheers
peahouseo5:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I like my silly little screen and my silly little card reader slots. I'm hurt :(

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What is wrong with the HP Photosmart 8250? It has six ink tanks and black included! It prints great photos ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
What is wrong with the HP Photosmart 8250? It has six ink tanks and black included! It prints great photos ;)

Here It Is :)

And it has a silly little screen :) And silly card readers :) And it's only £73.00 :) With 6 ink tanks :)

Yippee! :thumb:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks you two
Have watched the video and very impressed - 6 tanks, screen, cards - out of stock at DABS, but will seek it elswhere.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

Ask a Question