Petrol drops under £1

Reaction score
Petrol below £1 a litre has returned as supermarket Asda dropped the price of unleaded to 99.9p a litre.

How long until others follow?

Reaction score
Just on £1.05 here at shell

Oil per barrel has halved so it better drop a hell of a lot more

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The oil price per barrel has dropped to below where it was when petrol was retailing at around 97p a liter.......however then no-one wanted to go through the £1 a liter barrier - but now we have for some time and got used to it, I suspect many petrol companies will be happy to keep it above £1 a liter to maximise profit and confident we won't get up in arms about it :(

Reaction score
I meant halved compared to what it was before it was at £1.16 a litre

hopefully it will keep lowering to a more respectable price. It should'nt cost me £40 to brim my one litre micra FFS

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The £/$ exchange rate might have an effect on the prices too - at least now that one garage has lowered to 99.9p then the others might follow suit. They seem really competitive in our area, as there are about 4 within a minutes drive - however when we filled up the car in rural Dorset a couple of months back that was much more expensive (on the same day!).

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah Oil prices per barrel have fallen immensely in the last couple of months but its always the bloody same isn't it, takes months to filter back through to the pumps..:nod:

Price rises though only take hours to filter through...Funny that..:mad:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
LOL Petrol at 99.9p - we will soon be thinking that's cheap. :nod:

But,of course, the tax on the basic fuel still runs at 125% :eek:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
£1.14.9 per ltr for diesel at Morrisons this morning. Thats great for me as I earn most of me pocket money from driving.

:D

Ask a Question