personal.xls

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Programming' started by Guest, Apr 11, 2007.

    Where is personal.xls located in Excel 2007?

    Guest, Apr 11, 2007

    Bob Phillips Guest

    It will be personal.xlsx or personal.xlsm, and it should still be in the
    XLStart directory.

    --
    HTH

    Bob

    Bob Phillips, Apr 11, 2007

    bob, I can't find the XLStart folder...

    D:\Users\helmut\AppData\

    now I have the choice of Loacal / LocalLow / and Roaming

    In none of these is XLStart

    Can you tell me the path?

    Guest, Apr 11, 2007

    go into the VBE and run this macro:

    Sub ShowPath()
    Dim bk as workbook
    for each bk in workbooks
    if lcase(left(bk.name,8)) = "personal" then
    msgbox bk.Path & vbNewline & bk.name
    end if
    Next
    End sub

    --
    Regards,
    Tom Ogilvy

    Guest, Apr 11, 2007

    Tom,
    Sorry to say when running this macro there is NO result
    Helmut

    Guest, Apr 11, 2007

    Maybe you haven't created a "personal" workbook yet. Try recording a macro
    and indicate the personal workbook as the location to store the macro. You
    can just select a cell or two and then turn off the recorder. Then try
    running my macro. It worked in xl2003 and I would expect it to work in Excel
    2007 as well, but don't have it available to test.

    You could make it more verbose.

    Sub ShowPath()
    Dim bk as workbook
    for each bk in workbooks

    Guest, Apr 11, 2007

    Tom
    Thanks. The XLStart folder does NOT exist until you actually create a
    Personal macro. This is the difference in 2007 vs 2003 where it is created as
    part of the setup of XL.
    Thanks
    Helmut

    Guest, Apr 11, 2007