PC World

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that PC world seem to overprice every desktop pc, laptop and notebook they seel. I advise everyone who asks me to purchase desktops online via ebay from trusted sellers and always new.

I know they have a big reputation so they can bump up prices but why so much why can they still not sell at reasonable prices maybe it has something to do with their profit not being great and the look how that ended up with a merge with Currys lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that PC world seem to overprice every desktop pc, laptop and notebook they see

No **** Sherlock, as our Transatlantic cousins are wont to say.

Currys, PC World, The Link, Dixons - the same.

They are generally a bit el crapola but handy sometimes for components.

Reaction score
and, now, they don't even sell components for computers! used to be good as they sold a broader range than the other highstreet places, but not anymore. I guess Novatech in Hampshire must be delighted - pity I've moved to Devon!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
and, now, they don't even sell components for computers!

Oh yes they do :)

Well, they do in SE London and the surrounding environs anyway.

Go to their website, select a product and in most cases it will available for collection from store, stock availability is checkable online so you shouldn't have a wasted journey.

The stores often don't display all components, tis true they're geared more to selling off the shelf units and peripherals.

But price for price with other online suppliers they will be either be pretty close or sometimes even match them. Plus advantage of collecting (and returning if need be) in person.

Never thought I'd be one to champion PC World but where there is truth it must be told ;)

Reaction score
Hmmm, Ok, I went to the store in Enfield looking for a replacement CD Drive and they said they didn't do them! So I went to the PC Repair shop in Morrisons and they were very helpful.

Perhaps it depends on the store - and will now think to try their website.

Thanks for advice.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I went to the store in Enfield

My local PC World in East London stocks a pretty good range of bits and bobs for not a bad price I'd say . The PC World you talk of in Enfield is not one of the bigger ones, so probably only stock a few items. You should have gone up the road to Tottenham Hale, its a much bigger store and has a better selection of bits and bobs :)

Reaction score
Never thought I'd be one to champion PC World but where there is truth it must be told ;)

:eek:

pcworld do still sell pc parts & like maplins are sometimes a bit more than online.
but if you cant wait you have to accept you pay a higher price than online.

oh and novatech do post things out quickly.:thumb:

Ask a Question