Partition Magic 8.0 and XP home question

me

I get an error message when I try to resize a partition on my HP
notebook. Is XP protecting my disk and not allowing any mods? I have used
the program on my win98se system with fat32 drivers without a hitch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

CS

I get an error message when I try to resize a partition on my HP
notebook. Is XP protecting my disk and not allowing any mods? I have used
the program on my win98se system with fat32 drivers without a hitch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

PM version 8.0 works just fine with XP. However, we need to know the
error message you received? Also, which partition?

You can also access the master error message list by going to
Powerquest tech support on line. www.powerquest.com

Michael Kimmer

I get an error message when I try to resize a partition on my HP
notebook. Is XP protecting my disk and not allowing any mods? I have
used the program on my win98se system with fat32 drivers without a
hitch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Incomplete information: please, state the exact error number and error
text...

The computer will always run into bootmode (DOS) as soon as changes to the
active system partitions are to be applied...This is also the case for
PartitionMagic 8.0

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"

Michael Kimmer

Dave said:
It could possibly be. I haven't used version 8 but I heard it sux.
You heard it sux? What or who? The program itself or the user who neglects
to apply the required preperations prior to using PartitionMagic 8? I mean
preperations like first backing up the user files, defragging the partition
to be processed and also running a SCANDISK or CHKDSK /f first...
Version 7 works just fine with XP, even though their website will
state that V7 is for Win 95/98/ME while V8 is for Win 2000/XP.
Version 7.0/7.01 has been released prior to the release of SP1 for XP. SP1
contains substantial changes to the NTFS filesystem!
The last time I used it, after I listed the changes I wanted to make,
the computer would reboot and create the changes. This reboot was
required to get WIndows XP to releast the file system.

Is this still the same for V8? Yes...

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"

mGL

Michael Kimmer said:
Incomplete information: please, state the exact error number and error
text...

The computer will always run into bootmode (DOS) as soon as changes to the
active system partitions are to be applied...This is also the case for
PartitionMagic 8.0

I've the same inconvenience. I have a HP ze4400 laptop and when I
apply the changes made with both partition magic 7.0 or 8.0 the dos
batch file doesn't execute the changes...

Errors:

Error 983 while executing batch
Error 983 too many errors found, process halted...

I've defragmented the HD before to run partition magic...

I just need make a new partition to have a HD drive with the "D:"
letter to be used with a webserver. I've used the dos subst command
but the drive letter created with the subst is not recognized by
Apache or Sun one webservers...

Any help... welcome!

thx,
Marcelo L.

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

Remove "write protect" from the 2nd floppy!

mGL said:
"Michael Kimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message

I've the same inconvenience. I have a HP ze4400 laptop and when I
apply the changes made with both partition magic 7.0 or 8.0 the dos
batch file doesn't execute the changes...

Errors:

Error 983 while executing batch
Error 983 too many errors found, process halted...

I've defragmented the HD before to run partition magic...

I just need make a new partition to have a HD drive with the "D:"
letter to be used with a webserver. I've used the dos subst command
but the drive letter created with the subst is not recognized by
Apache or Sun one webservers...

Any help... welcome!

thx,
Marcelo L.

mGL

After trhee days trying and trying finally I got to
create the new partition using PM 8, just uninstalled
the Norton Antivirus and all worked properly.