Outlook Paperclip Icon has disappeared and I need to attach document to email.

Reaction score
Please can anyone help me? I was using the paperclip icon one minute and the next minute it had disappeared. How can I retrieve it? I am not too "techy" and don't understand a lot of computer jargon so please, if you can help, use layman's language! Alternatively, is there another way of attaching documents to emails, bypassing the paperclip? HELP!!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The old tried and trusted first step is to switch your computer off and then switch it back on again.

Sometimes that works. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Brian, welcome to the forums :).

Which e-mail application are you using - is this Outlook 2016? If you could post a screenshot of what your compose e-mail screen looks like, that would help a lot. If you're using Windows 10, you can take a screenshot using the snipping tool, save it and the use the "upload a file" button on this site to attach the image in a reply.

Here's how to use the snipping tool:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...8818/open-snipping-tool-and-take-a-screenshot

Ask a Question