    I've come to depend on Paint and need to find a way to get it working.

    Any suggestions/help sincerely appreciated.

    JAJansenJr

    Guest, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Suggestion:

    Make sure that there are no instances of MSPaint running.

    Then go to Start, Run and then type: regedit

    Locate this key in your registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Applets\Paint
    Click on that key and delete it.
    Exit the registry editor and re-open Paint.

    Note you can save the registry key first by:
    On the File menu, click Export.
    In the File name box, type SaveKey, and then click Save.
    Or create a system restore point prior to editing.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322756
    HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
    Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require
    you to reinstall your operating system. Use the information provided at your own
    risk.

    Kaylene aka Taurarian, Jul 3, 2004