    Steve Guest

    What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully overclocked a
    9800XT with stock cooling?

    Steve, May 17, 2004

  2. Steve

    CrimsonLiar Guest

    If you want to find out so you can try and match it, maybe we should warn
    you:
    1) All chips are not created equal, even if they come from the same wafer...
    2) A lot will depend on the ambient temperature as to how high you can clock
    your chip..

    CrimsonLiar

    CrimsonLiar, May 17, 2004

  3. Steve

    Conor Guest

    In article <EOXpc.13095$qA.1673399@attbi_s51>,
    says...
    > What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully overclocked a
    > 9800XT with stock cooling?

    I overclocked a 9800SE to 421 Core, 746 RAM (373Mhz). Stock GPU fan, no
    RAMsinks.

    The top thread here:
    http://forums.ocfaq.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

    ...shows what people have got using ATI Tool which is a must for finding
    out what speed you can get.

    --
    Conor

    If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything
    worthwhile.

    Conor, May 17, 2004
  4. Steve

    Sham B Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully
    > overclocked a 9800XT with stock cooling?

    Stories of cards burning up when overclocked to extreme with the stock cooler. Avoid.

    I strongly recommend a third party active cooling heatsink if you decide to go to extremes. the GPU
    runs hot at the default clocks with the stock cooler (as hot as a cup of coffee you have to put
    down... not to hot to burn, but enough to make you think :)

    Sham B, May 18, 2004