Overclocking ?!

Reaction score
Hey guys. You wil probably think i am a complete muppet for not knowing this. But i see this word EVERYWHERE ! And i don't know what it means or does ! lol Please help !

I have just read a forum about doing something to overclock your graphics card lol and i am doing it now, don't know what it is doing but what tha heck !

Please help ! lol

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
your CPU and graphics card are set to run at a set frequency measured in MHZ, overclocking is making them run faster than they are set to by increasing the frequency (MHZ) to increase the system speed, this does though mean that your PC will run hotter and therefore become unstable. most people dont recommend doing it but if you do only do a small increase as it is safer and shouldn't make your system too unstable.

also note that companies will not accept any hardware if a componet has become faulty due to overclocking

Reaction score
Oh rght ok. I understand now lol me thinks ! hehe !

So increasnig the MHz on the screen, what will that do ?! lol

And btw your from Hertfordshre ?! SO AM I ! lol

I'm from Ware ! :) lol Thanx m8

Reaction score
Oh yeah and btw... I just downloaded a update for my driver from a website given to me... rebooted... now what do i do ?! Is it automatically updated or... ?! lol

HELP ! Thanx

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Oh yeah and btw... I just downloaded a update for my driver from a website given to me... rebooted... now what do i do ?! Is it automatically updated or... ?! lol

HELP ! Thanx
If you downloaded the Forceware 66.93 i recommended earlier, all you do is install, reboot and your all up to date and there in fine :).

Reaction score
Oh right ok m8 Thanx alot you have helped me alot

I really appreciate it :) I'm off to see if any difference to my graphics card has happened on counterstrike source lol

Today, i did a video test on it, trying different settings, and the most fps i could get was 60 and a bit ( With what the game recommended on my system) I think that is ok, but i want more... MUCH MORE ! lol and hopefully i will early january have that 512MB more ram and that graphics card you recommended :) lol

But... does it matter if it is a different make of Ram to what i have, won't having a different type/make of RAM ruin it ? lol

P.S i have put this in another forum

Thanx :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
you can check the type/make of memory you have by downloading and running a program called CPU-Z. Its a free downloadable and tells you all you need to know about your Processor, Motherboard and Memory.

Edit: Oppss, forgot to answer the rest of your question :/ . Its best to try and match the make of the memory you have in your computer with the make of the memory your about to get to stop conflicts and memory problems. Some people have no trouble with mixing memory, others do.

Also, most Pentium 4 systems have paired memory in them already, so you want to make sure you have memory slots left, and if you have 2x256mb chips to make your 512mb, then you should get another 2x256mb instead of 1 stick of 512 because Pentiums also use Dual Channel mode, which is supposed to be faster than just single.

Donwload CPU-Z for free here: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php#download
attachment.php

Attachments

• Reefys memory.JPG
    Reefys memory.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh right i see. I already have that software lol that's what i was wondering coz i wasn't quite sure what to look at (you probz i think i am dumb) lol

I couldn't put the image in lol so here's what it said !:
Type: DDR-SDRAM
Channels: Single
Size: 512MB
Performence: disabled

Is that enough infomation for you to recommend me a memory stick ?

One more post then i am off to bed, and we will talk more tomorow lol

I will post one more that is if you do one more, then continue tomorow :)

Thanx

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
does it tell you the make of the stick lke in reefs pic ? or does it come up like this? if its the same you probably have generic ram like mine

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 147
Reaction score
Yes it is the same as that.

Could you look at my other thread : RAM stick to get ?

I have put 3 sticks on there that are for my PC i think lol could you recommend one of them ?

Thanx if you read it

:)

Reaction score
YAY ! I am so happy ! My mum said for my birthday she would buy me the graphics card:
Sapphire Atlantis Redeon 9800 PRO 128 MB DDR 8x AGP DVi & TV-Out

And that she might get my dad to get me the RAM i wanted, but in my other thread i am waiting for some responses i might just get the most expensive one shown out of the 3 lol (can't go wrong like that) haha :p

Well since i basically have my graphics card sorted, can you lot check out my other thread on : RAM stick to get ? Please ! lol

I am so grateful for all you, for da help lol :) I will be using this site CONSTANTLY ! I want to make my machine a BEAST ! lol

Thanx :) (Remember to look at other thread so i can get new RAM for birthday prezzie in 5 days !!!

Ask a Question