Overclockers.co.uk - my experience

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I recently ordered some parts from Overclockers UK, Video card & DVD-ROM Drive for me and a hard disk with a couple of cables for a friend.

Ordered Monday 8th August, at noon.

Received confirmation of shipment 4pm same day.

Goods arrived Tuesday 9th August.

Video card faulty, garbled display (Leadtek 6800GT 256Mb).

Phoned OC UK, first call timed out, second call answered straight away. I was given an RMA number and asked to post the receipt for postage to them for reimbursement.

Posted vid card, posted postage receipt Tuesday 9th August, 5pm.

Noticed that evening the card I ordered was out of stock, so sent an e-mail via their system requesting alternative ‘limited edition’ black PCB version, which cost another fiver.

Wednesday 10th August, morning:

a) Received e-mail confirming they had received RMA
b) Received e-mail informing me postage cost had been credited to my credit card.
c) Received reply to my e-mail saying if the card I originally ordered was out of stock, they’d send the one I requested.

Thursday, 11th August, received e-mail confirming video card was faulty and the replacement (the limited edition version) had been posted to me.

I was not charged the extra £5.00 for the replacement version.

Friday, 12th August:. Card arrived 8.30am, currently running Doom 3 at full Res and Far Cry with most goodies turned on, they look good.

I’d like to say that the service I received from OC UK is first class. They never used to be this good, I think they’ve had a shake-up or something.

It was easy to get through on the phone, the staff were courteous and they kept in touch constantly.

They also turned the RMA around very quickly, imo.

So, well done OC UK :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Certainly sounds like the company to do business with, let's hope they keep it that way....

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
they said on their forums that they were getting a new phone system to cope with all of the calls, sounds like they've got it and got someone to answer the calls

Reaction score
i looked at the title "Overclockers.co.uk - my experience"

and thght that it must be some new comer who is here to tell us of their nightmare with overclockers.

instead its good old flops telling us all of a good experience!

good stuff!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Overclockers. Plural. Your second link

Cheers for that flopp's...

You'd be surprised how many people say to me (yeah i got it at overclockers) when what they really meant was overclock but added the plural because it just slides of the tongue easier....

Reaction score
crazylegs remember it like i do

overclockers is in STOKE!

overclock is in not just any town but great old SLOUGH Town!!

miles apart!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats good to hear, as I remember some people having real nightmares with them not so long ago! They sometimes have some real bargains (like the 9800 pro not so long ago for about £80).

I do seem to get banned from their forums within a couple of days (registered twice, happened both times!) - no idea why that is, as I just talked normally in their hardware forums.

Reaction score
Excellent to hear Ocuk are doing much better.

Ive noticed Ebuyer have improved alot also...

Bit of a shame to hear of tekheads/microdirect/scan all deliverying poor service. My money will goto Ocuk for sure.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I do seem to get banned from their forums within a couple of days (registered twice, happened both times!) - no idea why that is, as I just talked normally in their hardware forums.

You gotta read the TnC properly ;) No swearing and mentioning competitors....

You may find the Mods/Admins can be unreasonable at best though ive seen people swear and use words like carp.... and bullsh£t and they still are ok... and if I say Bastord im banned lol !

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I always use overclockers.co.uk when i can, always had brilliant service from them, never had 1 problem with either delivery or the goods and found they stock probably the widest variety of hardware out of all the online uk shops.

Reaction score
Doing better?

I have been dealing with them this week... appalling communications, phone system is a joke - no-one picks up or it is always engaged, no answerphone service.

You must have had a freakishly good after-sames support... most others have a complete nightmare... read this thread https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-17854-1.php and the link I posted to the ciaou feedback http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/overclockers_co_uk__5097152/SortOrder/2

Jokers.

I will NEVER give them a penny again, atrocious. :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Well, that's me out the running then, most of them jobs want 'smart appearance' :D

And where the hell is Stoke On Trent? Up Norf somewhere innit? :p

Richdog, I just told my experience with overclockers as it happened. Guess I was lucky.

In fact, so surprised was I, that's what moved me to post.

Good luck.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Where is Stoke on Trent ??

In the heart of England , Home of Pottery /Stanley matthews /Robbie Williams /Oatcakes and good old Overclockers ... oh and i live there too !!!

mas

Reaction score
overclocked Overclockers

I've used Overclockers a couple of times for building systems but not for over a year now and both times I had no reason to contact them after sales support

THEN....

A month ago I bought the bits to assemble a new P4 pc but the GeForce PCX6600 PCI Express card wasn't working.I confirmed that an old PCI graphics card worked so at least I could configure the BIOS etc and verify the m'board, CPU and memory were ok. I got an RMA and posted off the card. They stated that they process returns in 7-10 days in their email. After 7 days I tried phoning to see whether they'd found a fault or maybe that it was something I'd done with the m'board. I got engaged dial tones all the time. I sent an message via their web site's RMA messages and was told processing would take another 3-4 days to process returns. You cannot just send an email as they don't read them and send them from a noreply account. I've tried phoning them every day this week and either get engaged or like on Thursday (10th day now) held in a queue for 19 minutes without anything except musak. Today (11th day) I use the RMA message facilty again on their web site to express my unhappyness about the service and asking what is going on only to get another no replyable email message saying that "they will be processing all returns tomorrow". I again used the RMA message facilty to ask what this actually means:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the heck does this statement actually mean to me !

In your email reply to my previous enquiry today you state:

"Dear mark simmons,

I apologise for this, I will be processing all returns tomorrow.

Regards,

Wesley Sherratt
Technical Support
"

Could you please explain further what this means. Are you sending my a graphics card in todays post ? Are you only now starting to even look at the item ?

I'm really not happy with the quality of communication that I'm getting. I've tried on numerous occasions to speak to someone but just cannot get through or else I'm kept waiting like yesterday for 20 mins in your phone queue, at which point I gave up again.

I personally shall not be choosing to do business with you and will advise my company against any further dealings with Overclockers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the email from them in response:

Dear mark simmons,

This means that I will be processing all returns tomorrow.

Regards,

Wesley Sherratt
Technical Support
Overclockers UK
www.overclockers.co.uk

So that is REALLY clear isn't it !!

I have not been able to speak to anyone today as the phone is always engaged.

My advice is to avoid these guys like the Bubonic Plague because their after sales is a complete mockery and gives the industry a bad name. It can be done better.

Reaction score
Im probabally one of overclockers biggest customers. I build a few high end pc's a week and tend to spend serious float there. I have never had a problem with them and delivery although a bit pricey is always very punctual. ebuyers ok aswell but i do tend to have a few more problems with them, and dabs are the worst ive used. I order stock that fails to arrive them ring them to ask where it is and get responses like oh er its.. it'll be there in a month or two.

Reaction score
HighlandeR said:
Excellent to hear Ocuk are doing much better.

Ive noticed Ebuyer have improved alot also...

Bit of a shame to hear of tekheads/microdirect/scan all deliverying poor service. My money will goto Ocuk for sure.

My experience with Microdirect to date has been fine upto now i've spent over 3grand with them with now problems.

Tekheads i've never heard of or used so cant comment!

Scan, well Scan I used to use a lot. I try not to deal with them now all their awards seems to have gone to their proverbial heads. GGGRRRR

Another I dont deal with is Dabs the less said about them the better they in the same league as the above! Another thing I want to mention about Dabs is their website. IT IS PRETTY MUCH A MESS. Get it back to how it used to be. Easy to navigate and find things. Who ever authorised that load of fecal matter needs shooting

Overclock I do deal with from time to time not as yet had a problem with them, however I have heard from friends about their service being bad now and again.

Overclockers again I have dealt with them aswell, never as yet had a problem with them

Last edited:

Ask a Question