Outlook outlook today or outlook express what's the difference?

Reaction score
I have always received my emails thru OE but we have just set up a wireless network with my PC and my daughters new IMAC. When I went to open my emails the envelope icon which is usually at the bottom of my screen was gone but tje Outlook today was there. I clicked on this and it said something about new account and so i clicked on yes but when I try to look at my emails thru this it says nothing there. If I go thru programmes then I can find OE and open my emails that way. To be honest I have never used OT just OE but I am about to buy a PDA which I want to sync for all my contacts etc but I have never set any up in OT. How can I change to receive my emails thru OT instead of OE so that I can then make this my main area ?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Outlook is a more professional version of outlook express with more advanced features for business use.
I would recommend you use it, particularly if you are going ot start synchronising with a PDA in the future.
You have to imput your email account details into Outlook to start using.

Go to Outlook>File>Import and Export - and follow the wizards for Import Internet Mail Account Settings and Import Internet Mail and Addresses.

Hope this helps..:)

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Done what you said and my emails are now in OT. Now to set up all my addresses etc!!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Glad to be of help:thumb:

Why not stay and have a look around, there's plenty of good tips and advice available - and we're a friendly bunch who like having fun...:D

Reaction score
Thanks I will. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions once I try to sset my PDA up which i hope to get early next month.

Reaction score
Just opened my OT again and no new emails are there but if I go into OE I can see them. I followed the procedure as advised and everything was fine but now no emails again!!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by 'no new emails are there' - are you saying that it will not send/receive emails when you press the the send/receive button?

Could do with more explanation of the exact problem meday.

Reaction score
Correct when I open OT the only emails that are there are the ones that got copied across when you advised to use Internet Wizard for the set up details but there is nothing to say Incoming mail.

However when I open OE mynew emails are there including the one from PC review to say you had replied to my question.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question