    have 'Rules and Alerts' set up and working. It should be between 'Address
    Book' and 'Organize' but they are all that's there. It doesn't seem to be
    available as an option to 'Add' - i.e. 'add to toolbar'.

    skavamareen, Oct 6, 2008

  2. skavamareen

    dckeenan Guest

    What version of Outlook are you using? In Outlook 2007 under Tools open the
    Customize... dialog box. Select the Commands tab. Undercategories select
    "Tools" and click "Rearrange Commands..." Set Menu Bar drop down to Tools.
    Verify that "Rules and Alerts..." is listed, otherwise click Add. Choose
    Tools and click Rules and Alerts. In the "rearrange Commands" dialog box you
    can move the selected item down to where it normally is. We don't have any
    pc's that aren't using outlook 2007 so I can't check if its an option
    elsewhere, but it should be similar.

    --
    IT Analyst
    Mid-States Aluminum

    dckeenan, Oct 6, 2008

  3. skavamareen

    skavamareen Guest

    Thanks for the rapid reply. No I'm using Office 2003. The server is Server
    2003. I went in to the Commands list as you suggested (it's similar enough to
    2007) - it wasn't listed under any of the categories on the Customize window
    or any of the categories when trying out 'Rearrange' - it should have been in
    one of those lists, it just wasn't. I have Administrative Access on the
    network, so it wouldn't even be hidden from me.

    skavamareen, Oct 6, 2008
  4. skavamareen

    Mr Bear Guest

    Late Reply :)

    I realize this is 2 yr later, but I found how to restore these commands. You need to have at least 1 email account set up in Outlook before the rules will appear under Tools. If they don't immediately appear under Tools, create the email account then follow the directions given above. They'll work now! Amazing, I actually figured this one out by myself. Everyone gets lucky some time!

    Mr Bear, Sep 27, 2010
  5. skavamareen

    BillyBob Guest

    Re: Late Reply :)

    "Mr Bear" <> wrote in message
    >Snip<
    >Amazing, I actually figured this one out by myself. Everyone gets lucky
    >some
    >time!

    "Amazing, I actually figured this one out by myself". Holy shit! I picture
    you jumping around the room like a four year old who just finished wiping
    his ass all by himself for the first time. Go shove a lollipop in your
    piehole, kid.

    BillyBob, Sep 28, 2010