    pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
    but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
    applied. Any suggestions?

    Guest, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Depending on version, you will find it under either tools or help, look for
    detect and repair.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers, Jan 16, 2005

    Bob Maria Guest

    On Jun 8, 12:16 am, zlatan24 <>
    wrote:
    > Steve;857559 Wrote:> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the
    > > Outlook
    > > pst file.  The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair
    > > Tool,
    > > but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
    > > applied. Any suggestions?

    > This problem is very popular among users. It requires serious solution
    > which can provide some usable tools. Their capabilities allow to solve
    > out such troubles for some hours - 'dbx repair'
    > (http://www.dbxrepairtool.com).
    >
    > --
    > zlatan24

    DBX files are there in Outlook Express dude not outlook.
    read the article regarding info about how to use inbox repair tool
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...tlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-HA010075831.aspx
    inbox repair tool determines if the file structure of the pst file is
    intact or not. It will rebuild the structure if it is not.
    If you want to recover deleted emails, address book than a third party
    software like http://www.pstrecovery.org/ can be useful

    Bob Maria, Jun 16, 2011

    On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
    > I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook
    > pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
    > but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
    > applied. Any suggestions?

    Nothing to worry. Inbox repair tool is a free utility that installed automatically with the Outlook installation.But the location of scanpst.exe varies with the Outlook version. So, to use inbox repair tool:
    1.Browse the location of Scanpst.exe
    2.Double click it to run it
    3.Browse the path of damaged PST file
    4.Then Scan
    The tool will repair the PST file but in case pst file is severely damaged then inbox repair tool not responding. In such case, you can use third party Outlook PST repair.
    http://www.inboxrepairtoolnotresponding.com

    , Jul 24, 2012

    glee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
    >> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the
    >> Outlook
    >> pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox
    >> Repair Tool,
    >> but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility
    >> is
    >> applied. Any suggestions?

    > The location of scanpst.exe depends on your version of Outlook and
    > whether or not you are using a 64-bit version of Windows.
    > When using Outlook 2000, 2002/XP or 2003, then the location also
    > depends on your installed language of Office
    > source: hxxp://www.inboxrepair-tool.com

    Spam. The free Tool that comes with Outlook is all that's needed. This
    tool of yours is totally unneeded and only a fool would pay money for it
    when the built-in facility already exists in Outlook.
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Jul 24, 2012
  6. On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
    > I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool, but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is applied. Any suggestions?

    This will help you to repair the Outlook PST file.

    http://www.techiesweb.com/how-to-repair-and-recover-microsoft-outlook-pst-file-using-scanpst-exe/

    Thanks,
    Melbin Mathew
    www.techiesweb.com

    Melbin Mathew, Aug 7, 2012

    Locate scanpst.exe in order to run the inbox repair tool. It is present in the hidden folders depending upon the Outlook version and Windows OS.
    for more details: http://www.scan-pst-exe.net

    , Feb 22, 2013

    Inbox Repair tool is a inbuilt utility to run it you need to locate the path of scapst.exe file. If still having problem to fix errors in Outlook, youcan use Inbox PST Repair tool which is automatically fix all corruption and errors in Outlook. To get more information please visit http://www.inboxpstrepair.com

    , Jun 3, 2013

    PST file corruption and errors in Outlook is very common issue and to fix it Outlook has also provide an inbuilt repair tool called scanpst.exe. You need to just run it by visiting the location of this tool. If still having problem and want to repair PST file easily then go for third party tool.
    for more info : http://www.errorpst.com

    , Jun 3, 2013

    On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
    > I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook
    > pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
    > but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
    > applied. Any suggestions?

    Use another inbox repair tool from [deleted] for the successful recovery of your inbox mails and other items.

    , Jun 3, 2013

    Outlook Emails are most important for every user, So user require a tool which can restore all emails which are stored in pst file before. Our companydeveloped this software are giving the user a free to Try version, so thatuser can try this tool to recover emails. In trial version you are capableto see preview of recovered emails.

    http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/outlook-email-pst-recovery.html
    Free to Try

    , Jun 15, 2013

    PST corruption is very common issue in Outlook which can be fixed easily with scanpst.exe or Inbox Repair Tool. If want to know how to use it you can visit the website http://www.inboxpstrepair.com