Outlook Outlook Form ComboBox Problems

Reaction score
I have created a form in Outlook 2010 that I need to save and share as a template. I have included some comboBoxes that the users need to click on to select a value. Everything works fine when I'm done and choose "Run This Form" but once I publish it and then attempt to open it I get the following error: Microsoft Forms: "To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For more information, contact your administrator." When I click Ok the form opens but none of my comboBoxes have any values in them they are just blank! Can't figure out how to get this to work.

Reaction score
Solved this, you need to add/change in regedit.

To use a registry entry, add a DWORD value named AllowActiveXOneOffForms to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security value and set it to one of these values:\
0 Load only the frm20.dll controls, the Outlook View Control, Outlook Recipient Control, and the docsite (message body) control
1 Allow only controls marked as "safe for initialization" to load
2 Allow all ActiveX controls to load

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back with the solution :)

Ask a Question