Outlook folder security

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by Guest, Dec 2, 2003.

    I was wondering if there is a way to set a password on a specific folder in the "Personal Folders" list in Outlook XP. I have several sub-folders under my Inbox, and I would like to secure one specific folder by requiring a password to view the messages there.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003

    Roady Guest

    No, you can't do this on a per folder level for pst-files. You can do this
    on the complete pst;
    Rightclick the root folder (probably Outlook Today)-> properties-> button
    Advanced-> button Change Password...

    --
    Roady
    www.sparnaaij.net

    Questions of the month:
    -Color Code Your E-Mail Advanced
    -Add Sound To Your E-mail

    www.sparnaaij.net

    -----

    Roady, Dec 2, 2003

    Okie doke. I didn't think so, since I wasn't able to find any documentation on it, but I was just wondering. Boy, would that be a nifty feature for a future update/release for Outlook... :-Þ

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003

    Roady Guest

    Well it is reality for in an Exchange organisation as the access is
    controlled by the server. I don't think it will ever become reality for
    pst-files as they can't be shared anyway. The eassiest method is to isolate
    that folder in a separate pst-file and password protect that one.

    But you can try your suggestion anyway. Post it here;
    http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggestions.aspx

    Roady, Dec 2, 2003