Outlook Express won't receive mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Could you give more details IE have you installed Anti virus recently??

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
These error codes relate to Pop3 errors - CCC90 is a Response Error (client response invalid) and CCC92 is an Invalid Account Password Error.

However as itsme points out above, often these things happen due to AV/Firewall problems - first check your account passwords are OK, then try with your AV/firewall disabled.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
peter sandford said:
I keep getting sign with codes Ox800CCC90 and Ox800CCC92. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks
It may just be a mail server problem from your ISP ... however, try this;
In Outlook/Outlook Express :
Click on Tools/Accounts and on the account "account name".

S
elect Properties[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]
On the "Servers" Tab UNcheck the box that says "Secure Password Authentication Account" near the bottom of the panel.

Do not turn off your Firewall. ;)

[/size]
[/font]

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
OH ... and welcome to the forum.

:D

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the help. I eventually found out that I needed to reterieve my account as I had swapped ISP. Have a good Christmas.
Pete

Reaction score
corrupted e-mail?

Here is what worked for me after Verizon wasted my time checking Outlook settings that never had changed. After that I noticed (via the web browser) that I had about 50 messages, but Outlook was only downloading about 15 before blowing up with the error. So I deleted that last downloadable e-mail and the one before and after it. After that the problem cleared up.

Your ISP will make you go to your e-mail via a browser and send yourself a message. If it gets received by the server (as seen via browser), then they will say the server is fine and it is your outlook. In my case it seems to be a corrupted e-mail.

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question